Friday, February 11, 2005

Come on baby light my fire

Eeek! My earhole hurts! I woke up this morning with the worst earache I have ever had. Even when I get ear infections, my ears never hurt. I am here at work for a couple more hours, but I can feel the Vick's Dayquil wearing off already. I am feeling a bit feverish and I have been told that my face is red, my ears are hot, and my forehead is clammy. I am blogging early and think I may leave at lunch.

I missed Sue's birthday yesterday. Sorry, I was thinking of you and Mom even mentioned sending you an email, but I forgot till just now. Hope you had a great birthday. Does your birthday ever fall on Fat Tuesday?

Word(s) of the day: WOOZY

Lexie log: She had two firsts today. Yesterday was a beautiful blue day that seemed almost spring-like. I left work an hour early to get Daddy to a 3:15 doctor appointment. We dropped him off and drove a block two blocks up to the Beaverton library. We walked across the street to a little playground/park with a jungle gym. She has always loved slides, but until now, she will only go down if you put her on them and hold her. Yesterday, she went down the slide 22 times by herself. The first 15 times she went down on her stomach, feet first. Then I convinced her to go down on her bottom and she just loved it. She went around and around, up the steps, down the slide, laughing, giving me high-fives at the bottom. It was great. The second first was back at the doctors office in the waiting room. She just loves those bead board puzzles commonly found in waiting rooms. She has a miniature one at home that Carrie got her for Christmas. This one at Dr Silverman's is super sized. Her hand-eye coordination has been improving and yesterday was the first time she was able to use two hands to get the most complicated set of beads from one side to the other.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, scoopable cat litter, the Columbia river, camera phones, garbage service, and playgrounds and slides.

No comments: