Thursday, February 10, 2005

London Bridges falling down

Working on Advil cold and sinus today. LB's wall outlet is malfunctioning, so we are powering down. Back in a minute....

Here I am! Did ya miss me? LB used her electronic stapler and it burned out the outlet on her cube strip. Central had to figure out which breakers control what so they could replace it. Old building, nothing labeled correctly. So I got up to make a copy, and he threw the breaker for the copier, right as my copy is hurtling through the machine, jamming it. Now all calm, order, and electircity is restored.

And enough with the damn fish jokes, mister air conditioning dude! Every time he passes through he says something about the dead fish. A few employees had fighting fish here at the office, and one weekend this winter the boiler never came on due to their constant tinkering with our old HVAC system. Came in that Monday to very dead pet fish in very cold water. Some of the gals razzed the contractors for being responsible, and now I have to listen to the most creative dead fish joke he can come up with when he passes through. This office is always so full of people fixing broken equipment.

Word(s) of the day: SCHLEMIEL

Lexie log: Most nights now since Daddy has been ill, I have been staying up late with her. Her hours are more messed up now than they were before. Daddy stays in bed longer in the morning, because he isn't feeling well, so Lexie has been sleeping in later. Ever since Monday, she has been taking her nap later and then staying up later. Every night this week I have fallen asleep on the couch except last night. I fell asleep on the little pull out matress in her room and when I woke up, she had abandoned me and crawled into our bed to sleep next to Daddy. Why don't I just be stern, like I used to be, and turn off all the lights. I don't know. I guess I'll try that tonite. I think it's because I like to spend the time with her until I can't keep my eyes open. But...I am paying for it with lack of sleep. We will come to some kind of balance again once we are all over our illness and back on schedule.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, spiders and Carrie's arrangement/contract with the spiders in her apartment, paper clip removers, dictionaries and thesaurus, Advil cold and sinus, and (got to go, emergency meeting called).

No comments: