Thursday, February 03, 2005

Do you know the way to San Jose

Well, I was surfing around looking for a webpage that showed pictures of, or talked about those huge cement aquaducts in the Bay Area, California. I was telling a story to some co-worker about when I was in the fourth grade and a friend of mine and I got lost down in them for the better part of a day. When we finally did get back out, we went up to some strangers apartment and a lady let us call my mom, who came and got us. My how times have changed. I just can't imagine if Lexie were to be in the same situation. Oh, I forgot to mention getting chased by the headless crawdad. I still haven't found anything on the aquaducts, they're like the ones from the chase scene in Terminator II. I did find my old kindergarten and Fulton street between Whipple and James, where Mom and I lived in a one bedroom apartment in the very early 70's. Mom and I would walk up the alley to El Camino Real and get a bite to eat at the A&W that was there. Wow, all these memories from 30 years ago.

Word(s) of the day: NINCOMPOOP

Lexie log: She somehow woke up with me at 4:45 this morning. I got up to feed the cats and she followed me around chit-chatting it up with me in her cute, rested, toddler talk. Gave Daddy a hug as he made his way for a glass of water, and it was like hugging an electric blanket. He took his temperature and it was 102. Sick Flu Daddy. I crawled back into bed and tried to coax Lexie back to sleep. She finally fell asleep at 5:40, five minutes before my second alarm went of and woke her up again. She followed me all around as I got ready, I held her on the couch for a while, then had to leave. When I walked out the door she was sitting at her table with some paper and a green crayon with the TV on. It is soooo insanely hard for me to leave when she is up. At least this time she was distracted, because when she cries and clings on to me, I end up in tears in the car.

Our business office has a huge, red fire alarm bell right on the wall next to us. It just went off and it is loud. Odd that I am still sitting here typing. Shouldn't I be fleeing for safety from impending doom? No, not here anyway. This is like the third time in the last year that it has gone off for a false alarm.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, the clinic is not on fire, lakes, memories, Zoloft, and other people's comments on my blog. Thanks.


No comments: