Tuesday, February 22, 2005

People all over the world, join hands. Start a love train, a love train.

I wonder if anyone will notice if I take a nap at my desk.

Two cups of coffee and my eyelids are still feeling like they are weighted with sand bags. Some mornings it just takes more than others to get going. And yes, Carrie, I am aware that I misspelled wriggling.

I'm tired of mailing out claim forms. Pull the dot matrix circle hole side holder strips off, separate each page, pull secondary EOBs, staple, stamp, sort by mailing address, stuff envelopes, seal envelopes, stamp envelopes. I have a huge unrelenting resentful chip on my shoulder. Hating Bellis. There! I finally done it. I've split the personalities so I can identify and hopefully conquer. Don't ask!

I got a really rude message from a claims supervisor on my voicemail this morning. I have been working on this claim since August of last year. I have been passed around to so many reps and a couple supervisors. This latest supervisor leaves me a message stating all the facts I already know, with this hideously strong East coast accent. She doesn't address the issue at all, and even at one point says, "and blah-de blah-de blah-de blah..." Harrumph. This Tuesday is so very Monday.

Word(s) of the day: COMA TOAST

Lexie log: Last night she curled up on her bed, pulled up the covers, I sat down on the pull out bed, and we watched Sponge Bob's Halloween specials. I fell asleep on the pull out bed and woke up to her crawling out of her bed to snuggle up with me. It was so cute I couldn't even bring myself to get up and go to bed. That's right Lexie and I both slept on a crib mattress on the floor in her room. After the movie ended the T.V. played public access messages from channel 11 all night with music in the background. I woke up to the alarm, slipped out of the room, got ready for work, and made a mistake. I couldn't resist going in to kiss her goodbye, and she woke up. She cried for me and I held her and we talked for about five minutes. She kept saying, "What's wrong?", and I told her Mommy has to go to work to make a penny. I swear it sounded like she asked me if Daddy could go today and I could stay. It was so hard to leave and her crying didn't make it any easier. I do love her so. As you might can tell, I'm having an issue today being at work and missing her. I'm feeling very melancholy. I want my baby. Oh, great now KISN is playing Air Supply, "...I'll be missing you...." How totally perfect. I know, I know it's a love song, but take me back already. Geez. So...Anyway, three days till Olympia.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, cuddles, happy endings, airplanes, parking space lines, the color purple, novels, word association, locomotives, and stretching.

No comments: