Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Rocky Raccoon checked into her room....

I know, I know, Rocky is a boy raccoon, but whatever. For some reason I don't fully remember, Rocky is my nickname at work. I think it may have somthing to do with the movie, and that it is similar to my real name, but I can't quite remember why.

Anyway...Going on a roadtrip later this month to Olympia. That's right, grand ole Olympia. Whatever.

Word(s) of the day: SNAFU


Lexie log: As of last evening, our refrigerator commenced it's new assignment as a crayon art display. Yes, we finally let her have the crayons and paper by herself. Of course the minute I left the room the canvas changed from paper to fles. When I came back in she had a nice little green Hitler/Chaplin/Hardy mustache. Being the good little doting parents we are, the first three scribbles are already magnatized to the fridge. We actually spent a good five to ten minutes discussing them and dissecting what we thought she could have possibly created. One definitely had the face of a man, and he was wearing an old Kangol cap and had one nice, muscular arm. The other is clearly a panoramic landscape of a lush green field in Ireland as the glorious sunset transforms the evening sky from blues to indigo and crimson. It's so obvious...to me. Usually on Mondays, she doesn't take her afternoon nap until early evening, because it is Grammy's day to come over. When I got home from the gym yesterday, Grammy was laid out on the new "pull out" bed, with Lexie napping on her chest. So cute. Now she clearly says Gramma for Gramma Keller, and Grammy for Grammy Scotto.

Wake up Carrie!

It's getting weird again here in office politics. I must remember that I am Switzerland. Oh, yeah and I'm not registered to vote either, so stop harrassing me with your petitions! I don't have any clout here, so there should be no reason why anyone should care what I think. At any rate, I'm trying my damndest to stay neutral in this "power struggle", as it has been so accurately described.

Congratulations to the short timer K.C. Hope hapiness grows and flourishes in our absence. I love wokrking here save two things: Distance from home, and political tommyrot. But, I like what I do, I like the combination of billing work and projects, I like 99.9% of my co-workers, and I'm too lazy to look for something else. I wish there were a way to interview the office staff before you accepted a job. Oh well, riding along, singing this song, my oh my.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad and Garmma Keller, sandwiches, spring, unique laughter, Carrie's BIZARRE coughing, and TT and I taunting her (Thanks, Carrie for being such a good sport, now WAKE UP!), and all things good and kind in general.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does tommyrot mean. Do you know what SNAFU stands for?

Rachel Keller said...

http://www.m-w.com/


Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

rvodyssey said...

Situation Normal All F'd Up