Monday, February 07, 2005

Splish splash I was taking a bath...

I don't know why I can't get the Christmas music out of my mind. Here it is, Monday again. Sick Daddy was out of commission all weekend. Time just flew by. He had a temperature of 105 on Saturday. Went shopping at Freddy's for homeopathic remedies and got Kali Bichonicum and Gelsemium. Just got off the phone with him and he seems to be doing better, but still sounds miserable. I watched a lot of movies in his absence. Harry Potter; Chamber of Secrets (Ho Hum), Kundun (awesome), Notting Hill (pleasant and sweet), Napoleon Dynamite (yuck), and fell asleep trying to watch Dune.

Oh yeah, got locked in the bathroom yesterday during halftime. I went to take a shower during half-time for the Super Bowl, locked the door because Lexie is getting so good at opening them, and she will literally crawl into the tub fully dressed if you don't keep her out while your showering. That's how much she loves baths. So, she's out there having a fit, I get out of the shower and go to unlock the door and the lock mechanism just free spins around in circles. I try the handle and, yep, it's still locked. There are no windows in there. I yell and scream for Frank and start to get a little claustrophobic. He call Grammy (she used to live in the house for many years) to find out what to do. Then he says, I'll be right back. I'm going to get a nail (??).. Apparently there is a tiny little hole on the outside handle for emergencies to release the lock. Phew! And then the Eagles lost, bummer.

I'm actually kind of bored with typing about office politics, but... We were all invited by the manager to a meeting on the "new" refund policy. She handed out a draft of it to go over, and I found some points I had questions/input on. We all got up and started heading in, and the office manager turned all but three people away. The credit supervisor and business off team lead I can justify, but the co-worker that went in doesn't even do refunds very often. My theory is that when this all came up originally, that she had quite the opinion and now she is just "stuck" representing the office. It sure did cause a bit of a stir out here during "their" meeting. Oh well, whatever, as usual.

Word(s) of the day: CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

I was doing my work earlier this morning and Christmas shopping just popped into my head for absolutely no reason. What's even more bizarre is that at the split second it popped into my head, I said it aloud...No time to censor. Co-workers gave me more weirdo points.

Lexie log: Testing the limits. She has never been fond of our old vacuum cleaner, and she really dislikes the new one. It's bigger and louder. A week ago, she pulled the plug out of the wall while Daddy was vacuuming. O did she get in trouble! She has got a pretty good "handle" (hehe) on door knobs now. Thank goodness for the safety thingies we have on the front and garage doors. In fact, now she enjoys running into a room and closing the door before you can get to her. She does need a little improvement however, as she occasionally pulls the door shut by the edge and pinches her teeny fingers. Oh and she has just about figured out the safety latches on the cupboards. I actually think she could open them if she decided there was anything interesting to do, but she mainly only ever sees the catfood cupboard, and that apparently doesn't interest her. --- Now, we shall see if the flu shot we got her works. We have both been around the highly contagious Sick Daddy for four days. My throat is scratchy, Lexie seems fine.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, emergency bathroom door lock releases, e-file, Super Bowl commercials, and coffee.

No comments: