Wednesday, July 06, 2005

And I'm free. Free fallin'. Yeah I'm free. Free fallin'.

This morning I'm singing loud and off key. It's fun to make the girls at work cringe and howl. At 7:20 in the morning, I'm singing, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy..." in my stage voice and as slightly off key as I can get without sounding like a Scooby Doo impression. Jan, TT, and KC are howling, which only makes me continue. If we didn't have people on and off the phones every once in a while, I'd sing all day. Wait, I usually do anyway. Funny... I'm singing, "It's like raaaiiiain on your weddin day....." when Gina comes up and start talking shop with Carrie. TT says, "SSSHHH! Can't you see Rachel's trying to sing!"

Word(s) of the day: PITTER PATTER

Lexie log: Eight hours without a nap is about her limit at this point. Grammy and Grampa Dad came over yesterday afternoon to pick up the kyak and some chairs for the Alaska trip, and they took us to PF Changs for dinner. Lexie is always excited around her grandparents, and on top of that, she's having chocolate milk, and she went to the gym play area for an hour which always amps her up. Every time I've ever gone to pick her up, she is always playing by herself. Yesterday she moved herself to the infant section, blocked off by a padded wall, and was playing with toys over there. Next time I'm going to spy on her before and after workout so I can see if she ever interacts with any kids. I know she talks to the staff. Anywho, by the time dinner showed up at the restaurant, she wanted out of her booster seat. She kept explaining that the chair was 'stuck'. Grammy walked her around a bit, but she ended up never wanting to come back to the table. When she got too out of hand, I took her to the foyer. Daddy came and relieved me, I went back in to our table to find Grampa Dad covered in rice. While Daddy and I were doing the changing of the guards, a waitress dumped someone else's' tray on our table, floor, and cramp's lap. After getting cleaned up, Grampa went and relieved Daddy. When Lex is tired, the only way to eat out is to know you will eat in shifts. She absolutely adores the larger than life horse statues out front. She kicked and screamed when we had to leave them (same as last time) and kept chanting, "Bye bye horsey." She was asleep before we even got a mile and a half away. We put her down for a nap and an hour or so later, when Daddy walked by her room, she was sitting up in bed and she said, "Where's horsey?" and immediately fell back asleep. She slept for a good four hours. I was on my way to bed and she had just got up and was standing in the hall. I scooped her up turned the lights and cuddled her into our bed. That actually worked. Then later in the night, for some reason there was much commotion and Lexie woke up. I took her out to the living room and we napped on the couch together until she was sound asleep again. I must have been too zonked to think straight, since I put her in my spot on the bed, then slept walked back to the couch.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, cell phones, Mom and Dad, sound effects, laughter, humor, smiles, and stuff.

No comments: