Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Don't it make my brown eyes blue...

Backup IT for the week as Seth is out. Yesterday went without a hitch, so it just figures today would throw a Diptera in my salve. Only studying two semesters of Red Hat Linux, I have limited knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system. Seth has one medical records box on Windows, the other on Sourcemage. Their 'Putty' (terminal emulator for our Unix software) on the Sourcemage box somehow lost any saved configuration. I went to set it up, and somehow set something wrong and now I can't get back into reconfigure it. So, fine, at least they have one working box, but the Medical Records manager does not like this. As soon as she gets ahold of the administrator, I'm probably going to have to set up his wireless laptop for them. Blahdy blahdy blah blah. I'm all caught up on my batches and will, hopefully, have my inbox cleaned out before next week. -- Print spooler just puked. Clinic heads (Admin, managers) coming with complaints of faulty printers and applications locked up. I love the easy fixes! -- Someone peed on the play-toy in peds reception. -- Breaking news...KGW is reporting that a 24 hour fitness employee at the one we go to has been arrested and charged with sexual abuse of an eight year old girl. I don't recognize him, he's only worked there 3 months and Lexie has only been once during that time, and he certainly wasn't there. Weirdness.


Word(s) of the day: UNCTUOUS AMPOULE

Lexie log: When I got home yesterday, Lexie was at the front door with a huge grin on her face. The second she saw it was me, she fell to the floor and bawled and screamed. I guess she was disappointed I wasn't Grammy. It almost hurt my feelings, but I know better. She must have an internal clock that knows that the first full day I go to work (Monday's) Grammy comes over. This is the second Monday in a row that this has happened, and the second one Grammy has been gone. I just tell her I love her, walk away, put my stuff away, and let her scream and cry. In a couple minutes she comes running up to me, all smiles and hugs and happy.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, water, Rudi's generosity with giving me his old swimming goggles, email, pillows, and energy.

No comments: