Friday, July 15, 2005

The clock struck three and he did flee, Hickory Dickory Dock

Back to work... More squabbles between chickens pecking at scratch. What a hen house. I don't envy Tracy, however, at least this can be almost amusing.


Word(s) of the day: HUBBUB

Lexie log: We got the "I'm a good little traveler", package in the mail, and last night, Lexie and I started to watch it. We'll probably finish it this weekend, and many more times before we leave. It's pretty cool. -- Looking forward to having Tracy bring Lucas over to play our pool this weekend. -- I have been wanting to blog about how amazed I am at Lexie's conversations now, but I just can't seem to describe it. She is so much more able to convey what she wants and how she feels. She still reverts back to the whining cry much of the time as a blanket response to not getting her way or non-approval though. I wish I had a super wonderful way to curb that habit. No matter what books, magazines, or websites I consult I can't find a solution that's worked. That just makes me hope that it will go away with time. She has her well care exam next Tuesday, and I think I'll asked Dr. Jeffrey his opinion on this. -- Last night she had a blast chasing Chikita around the back yard. Chikita would just trot along ahead of her, meowing once in a while as Lex followed her around. Also, for some reason, she just loves to give Miadda big hugs.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, hats, Gum products, hair clips, and water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually either whine back at Jason and he gets irritated or I tell him I don't speak whine.