Friday, July 22, 2005

Swim little fishy, Swim if you can. And they swam and they swam right over the damn.

Getting pretty backed up here at work as we near month end close and trip to Alaska. I've only been in to work every other day this week. Tuesday was Lexie's appointment and I had scheduled that day off months ago, and yesterday I had to report for jury duty. -- Another scorcher yesterday, in the 90's, and our air conditioner went out the day before. Bummer. We slept out back in a tent Wednesday night. That was fun. Stayed in last night because of the thunderstorms. -- Jury duty was neat. I got there the day they picked for Grand Jury, but missed that lottery. All eleven trials scheduled were either settled or deferred by 11:30 so it was a short day. I met a very nice vegetarian, mother of a four year old girl, OHSU geneticist, Ph.D in Chemistry, named Meenakshi. I spent a few hours reading and eavesdropping as a loud salesman, a horse rancher, and someone from the Civic Stadium maintenance crew had a heated discussion about genetics and religion. The salesman in particular loved to hear the sound of his own voice, and he also had this egotistical way of coming across as an expert in everything. Meenakshi did grumble and groan at him clumsily mucking about in her area of expertise. Went home at 11:30 and watched a movie. Life Aquatic.

Word(s) of the day: RED CAP AND A SPEEDO

Lexie log: She is definitely getting excited about going on an airplane trip. She enjoys watching Shae in the DVD we got her to prepare her for the trip. -- She is becoming buddies with all the cats now. The only issue here is that she is also testing boundaries there. She loves to chase Chikita around the house, and throw balls and roar at Turkey Swoop, and hug Miadda. We are trying to teach her to play gentle with the kitties. -- Wednesday night Lexie helped me set up the tent in the back yard, and we all fell asleep in there that night. I got up at 6:00 and brought Lexie in since the house had cooled down. I think we'll keep the tent up in the yard a while longer, it does make a nice fort and camping in the backyard is really fun.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, jury duty, genes, lotion, bandaids, ink, funny movies, payday, and weekends.

1 comment:

Perdita said...

I thought no one (but me) under the age of 60 knew that song.