Wednesday, July 13, 2005

If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain, and the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne...

Don't want to be here today. Posting payments is making my eyes drowsy, I'd rather be playing at the zoo. Changing routines is always interesting. I got to the gym five minutes later and it had started getting more crowded by the time I was done with my walking. Mind you, this is so much not a problem, it didn't affect anything, I just thought it was interesting. If I get into the steam room before 5:00am, it's like a graveyard in the main gym. Seems most people start showing up at 5:00. Odd thing is, I took my time, just like yesterday, but even though I started off five minutes later, I got to work ten minutes earlier. Took a little nap in the car for about 20 minutes with my Nemo blanket that I stole from Lexie. So far, the mornings things looks like a keeper.

Word(s) of the day: PERPETUAL CARP

Lexie log: She loves to run around in the yard with me. Last night as the sun went down she dragged me back and forth looking at the moon, the stars, the clouds, and the sky. At one point, we were rounding the corner to the side and we saw Turkey on the other side of the fence. I told her we should go get something for him to play with and Lexie says, "Wait a minute, stay there, I'll be right back," waves her hand back at me and takes off. I sorely missed Grammy and Grampa Dad's hammock that we gave back to them because I didn't think I'd ever use it. I need to find some way of relaxing out in the actual yard, not the deck, so we can 'hang out' out there. The white plastic chairs just don't cut it. Maybe I'll look into something reclining, like an oversized bean bag. That would be fun.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, bean bags, ranch dressing, dreams, couch time with Lex, our yard, socks, glasses, and laughter.

No comments: