Friday, July 01, 2005

I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, that much is true. But even then I knew I'd find a much better place, either with or without you.

My in box is looking scary as I plow through the end of June payments to catch up for month end close. It'll have to wait for next week. And the phones are heavier than normal since so many people are out for a long weekend. To top it off, there are a bunch of reports I need to run on the first of each month. I'm getting excited about Alaska since I can now officially say, "next month".

Word(s) of the day: MUSHI MUSHI

Lexie log: Well...I have found one reason to regret that Lex vocabulary is expanding so rapidly and that she is really getting the hang of the communication thing. This morning she woke up at 4:45 am and didn't want to go back to sleep. After much whining and fussing I got up with her a little earlier than I would normally get up, and we sat on the couch and visited. When it was time for me to get ready I turned on the TV (since we mostly had been discussing Tigger's superb bouncing abilities) and put in a Tigger movie. I tried to "sneak" off after the movie started and she began her protestations. She followed me about as I got ready and frequently asked what I was doing. This part was fun, as I got to explain to her what I was doing to get ready. But then when I got to my purse and the keys, she wrenched at my heart strings. She says in the most sweetest voice, "Momma, no go. Momma I love you, stay peas. Don't go, no go. Peas stay, I love you." Holy cowabunga! -- Wednesday, we went to Fred Meyers in the afternoon, to get out of the house and take some pop cans in. Lexie for some reason really did not want to go into the store. As we passed by the supervised store play area, she gravitated towards it, so I signed her in. It was her first time and she rather enjoyed it. Frank and I did some window shopping, picked up a garden rake, some bird suet, looked at shoes and came back to get her. She didn't want to leave. I had to bribe her with Cinnabon samples. -- We are now in the market for some child size gardening tools for her, like rake, etc. Wednesday evening she kept trying to take the rake away from me while I was piling up the pine needles, and last night she had a blast playing in the yard as I trimmed some bushes and trees.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, our backyard, summer, fans, Airwalk shoes, and walks.

No comments: