Thursday, July 07, 2005

Chug-a chug-a motion like a railway train now. C'mon baby do the loco-motion.

Just bumped my front tooth on my coffee mug. Haven't done that in ages. Seems there was a time when I was constantly knocking my teeth on some cup or another. What an odd memory. It's ten o'clock break, and no one's answering the phone at the homestead. I really dislike the old Nicholson message, but I'm too stuborn to change it. I just spent the morning pulling EOBs. It sure would be nice if this place would go paperless and scan this stuff. Of course, besides ease, efficiency and accuracy, it would mean I could be even lazier. It's really not that bad, I just don't like the ones that are jammed in so tight you get papercuts trying to free them (let alone stuffing them back in) and the ones in the bottom drawers that if they are hard to find, or jammed in, I end up with major vertigo. Three years ago in late summer I was really pregnant and they didn't have the airconditioning working in the building. Upstairs could be sweltering, even unbarable if a rat were to die and start decompossing in the wall. Back then, the thought of rummaging around for files in the bottom drawers was awful. I think I almost passed out once. -- When I got in this morning there was a CNN breaking news email (the first of three) that London has undergone some terrorist bombing with their mass transit system. The next email talked about the casulties and the last warns that the US terrorist alert has been raised to 'orange' for our transit systems. -- Thanks Carrie for the snack run. I OD'd on Junior Mints as a child, probably beacause my Mom loves them so. Her mom was a Snicker's maniac. To this day I think of Muttie when I see a miniature Snickers bar. I love them too. It took me years to be able to eat popcorn after working at Westgate theatre. I can still remember the process to warm up the popcorn machine, the clear tubes clogged solid with cooled oil that had to be warmed manually with a hot paper towel just to get the stuff to flow through. Always reminded me of someone's arteries. Once, our theatre ran out of popcorn and I had to drive over to the Washington Square theatre and bring back huge clear plastic bags in the back seat of my 72' Javelin. -- Ok, so any 'loyal' readers will probably recall that my office has bathroom issues. We were just discussing the current 'racing stripe' the toilet bowel is sporting courtesy of one of our not so courteous bestowers, and I found this........ HAHA!

OK, OK Heffe! We get the idea! Central is not answering the phone. Why is it that repetative ringing noises in the office bother me so? Off to work.

Word(s) of the day: WARM COMPRESS

Lexie log: Lex really love her new Whinnie the Pooh dishes. -- I am really anticipating Lexie's first big trip. We spent a week away from home last year on or camping trip, and she was great for that, except for the long trip in the car on one day. I am interested in seeing how she handles the plane flight. For the last two days I have been starting lists and researching traveling with children. I found a great website, and I'm going to try to get the DVD for it, but I have to talk with Grammy first-- I just got off the phone with Daddy, her and Lexie had gotten up around 7:00, then a little while ago she told him she was tired and she went back to bed. So cute. She acutally says that now, "So cute". Especially to the cats, "Oooh! So cute!"

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, summer smells, water, color, steam room, dental floss, coupons, direct deposit, carbonation, wings, and friendliness.

No comments: