Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Mama told me there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my Momma said

Today didn't start out that spectacular, but it's getting better. Went to bed late, again. The high on the reader board on TV Highway said 98 degrees, I think it was only 93, but either way...The house never cooled down until this morning when I woke up...Late...I opened my eyes and saw light in the room. Tiki was trying to get my attention, thanks Tiki. This time of year it is never a good sign to see daylight when I wake up. I didn't hear the 4:00am wake up call. We got this wonderful box fan from Tracy and left is running in Lexie's window all night. It blew in some really nice cool night air, but drowned out the sound of the phone in the other room. So no swim today, which kind of bummed me out, and no breakfast...Until Carrie saved my butt from starvation by buying me an eggs and bacon breakfast from Urlings'. Thank you Carrie. Ahhh the sweet sound of dot matrix...Just got a call from Ann in medical records, the chart request printer is jammed and I have been beckoned to fix, cutting my break short. To be continued...Wish me luck, I HATE hardware problems! -- Ok, I'm back. That was painless. Last time it was jammed pieces had to be removed to clean it. I ended up calling contracted support because I am terrified of manipulating hardware. I still get weirded out adding cards to my motherboard. Anywho...Since I was in the neighborhood I hit a few keys on the Unix problem child, just for poops and grins, and to prove to myself that I could still remember a few commands. Lets see...I did 'ls', saw some directories, and man, saw some help pages. Still not a clue how to reconfigure PuTTy. Now back to work.

Word(s) of the Day: SPRIZZLE

Lexie log: Yesterday afternoon I went and picked up Lucas and brought him over to our house to play in the pool. They had a great time and barely disagreed about a thing. It was very hard to get them out of the pool. Lexie adores Lucas! She just went crazy happy when we walked in the door. She had a small fit when he went into the bathroom and shut the door to put on his swim trunks.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Tracy's big box fan, Carrie's breakfast, Blockbuster movies by mail, bright colors, ravioli, made up words, and life.

No comments: