Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Come on feel the noise...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Taking an early break to blog this morning since it will be another busy day today.  Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad.  I’m pretty sure they’ve been married for a hundred years now.  Isn’t that the paper anniversary or something?  Mom works every other Wednesday, I can’t remember if she has this one off or not, but I hope so.  – Today is the day the new network technician starts.  That should be interesting.  I hope he can get to organizing the backup tapes pretty soon.  I’ve lost about three to four tapes in the last couple months and never could get replacements very easily from Seth.  – I’m starting to settle into a nice grove here.  Although, I do feel like I’m making an excessive amount of silly mistakes lately.  Learning curve?  Actually, I probably was just secured in my little niche of insurance accounts, and now that I’m out with my hands in darned near everything, I’m liable to trip and flounder a bit.  Nothing time and experience shouldn’t handle.

Word(s) of the day:  NEPTUNE

Lexie log:  Monday Grammy came over and took Lexie out in the court for a tricycle ride.  Yesterday when I got home, Grammy and Grandpa were there, and Lexie was laughing infectiously.  She is so in love with her Grammy and when Grandpa comes over too, it’s a special treat.  She is drawn towards them both.  When they went to leave, Lexie said, “Don’t leave, I love you!”  It made butterflies in my tummy and tears in my eyes.  – I can really see a relationship develop between Lexie and Thumper.  They treat each other different, like buddies or siblings, it really kind of neat.  Daddy took some great pictures of them in the backyard yesterday, since we finally had a sunny day, and I’ll post a couple soon.  – I made up her bed last night, and told her it was time for bed, but she refused.  So I went around and turned off every light in the house, sat down next to her bed with a book and a flash light and waited.  She crawled into bed, scrunched around and got comfortable, so I gave her a kiss and read the book of nursery rhymes.  She was hyper the whole time and talking, so I asked her to close her eyes while I read.  I looked over at one point and she had her eyes closed so tight, she was probably seeing stars.  I had to sound relaxing and convince her to relax.  I read Sponge Bob a couple times and some other book too.  I’m really going to have to come up with a good couple of bedtime story books, longer than the ones she has right now for younger babies.  After I don’t know how many readings, she finally rolled on her side and started falling asleep.  I stayed quiet for a really long time, and then tried to get up.  She stirred when I moved so I had to be as stealth as possible.  After over an hour of putting her to bed, I finally made it to bed myself.  But alas…not a half hour went by before she woke up crying and crawled into bed with us.  Sooner or later we’ll get down a good bedtime routine.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, coffee and creamer, weekends, Tupperware, Advil, and lots of other stuff.

No comments: