Monday, January 09, 2006

Somebody's knocking on the door, Somebody's ringing the bell...

Monday, January 9, 2006
Keeping a little short today as this is crunch week.  – Saturday we took our time getting up in the morning, went to GI Joes and got boot for Lexie, a hat for me, and shoes for Frank.  – Yesterday we had dinner with my parents to Celebrate Frank’s birthday.

Word(s) of the day:  GRANOLA     

Lexie log:  We started our Saturday night swim again.  I sure did miss it.  I’m having my Monday melancholies again.  It’s so nice to spend time with her on the weekends.  She had missed swim so much, that even after two hours I had to carry her out screaming.  When I first wanted to leave I asked her and she kept telling me, “Two minutes, two minutes.”  Funny girl.  We laughed and giggled and played in the water.  We also saw two other little swimmers have close call accident with the slide.  One little boy actually even broke his goggles when he fell and hit his head on the edge of the slide, freaked me out.  – She was really excited to go to swim Sunday also.  There are three new people in her class, all boys, and two parents still in the water.  She did really well, and Teacher AJ let her swim halfway across the pool.  I really think it’s just a matter of her listening and following instructions now.  Of course, she was tired, hungry and excited, so following instructions during this class was almost impossible.  Still, she had a blast, which is the number one priority.  She’ll be a strong swimmer.  – She really enjoyed being with Grammy and Grandpa at the Happy Panda.  She just talked and talked away, and ate chow mien noodles.  When we got home she told them, “I love you guys”.  How sweet.  She fell asleep watching a movie, so Daddy took her into bed, she came running back out to give me a hug, then ran back into bed, for a minute of two.  If she doesn’t fall asleep immediately, she’s up, so off we go again.  We added all the battery operated do-hickies to her kitchen, and she boiled strawberries (pretend) and made Daddy a tomato sandwich.  I finally headed off to bed shortly after 10:00pm listening to Daddy talk on the phone and Lexie re-watching Jonah, a Veggie Tales story.  I drifted off to sleep again, after Daddy finally got her to go to bed in her room, then woke up to her crawling into bed in between us.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, sleeping in, peace and harmony, and life.

No comments: