Friday, January 13, 2006

Hey -- Man you talkin' back to me? Take him out. You gotta keep 'em separated.

Friday, January 13, 2006
Spooky Oooky, Friday the 13th.  Besides the near accidents on the highway twice on the way to work, and the irritability and pain that come free of charge with PMS, it’s pretty normal Friday.  – The local radio station, Charlie 97.1 FM, is doing a contest type dealy where you submit 15 songs and if they choose your list, they play it on a Friday at 3:00pm and change the station name to your name.  Here is the list I submitted this morning;

  • Going the Distance-Cake

  • Listen to What the Man Said-Paul MCCartney

  • Cantaloop-US3

  • Santeria-Sublime

  • A change (would do you good) – Sheryl Crow

  • Blue Bayou – Linda Ronstadt

  • Eruption – Van Halen

  • Me and Julio Down by the schoolyard – Paul Simon

  • You Sexy thing – Hot Chocolate?

  • My cat’s name is Maceo

  • Baby did a Bad Bad thing – Chris Isaak

  • 2Wicky - Hooverphonic

  • theme to Bonanza

  • Jive Talkin’ – Bee Gees

  • Butterfly – Dave Mathews

Word(s) of the day:  iPOD

Lexie log:  When I got home yesterday, she had fallen asleep with her Daddy holding her on the couch.  I scooped her up and took a nap with her in our room.  I woke up about an hour later as she was squirming out of bed, and lay still listening to her slippered feet pad around the room, trying to decide whether to wake me, or take advantage of all both parents being asleep. We could hear Daddy snoring in the living room on the couch.  She finally decided on leaving me asleep (so she thought) and wandered through the house.  I listened to her shuffle around the house enjoying the silence.  I loved to listen to her move around and talk to herself and Thumper.  Then she finally woke Daddy up and then came back into the room and started playing with Tiki, who was curled up in my arms above my pillow.  I woke up and she said hi to me and gave me a big hug and told me she loved me. – Right now Daddy just had Lexie call me, she’s whispering in the phone to me that she farted and that she loves me.  Now they’re talking about the birds at the feeder, scaring away the Starlings, and griping about the cat’s sleeping on the bed and covering it in fur.  No I can hear Lexie and Chikita.  Lexie is saying, “There’s Cheeeeta, Momma!” and Chikita is purring and meowing.  Lexie is just talking away.  She says, “…like that” and, “…like this” at the end of almost every sentence.  She talks a lot about what the cats and Thumper do, and she loves to give me an extensive narrative when I come home from work about what went on during the day.  I absolutely love it.  – I wish that her medical insurance still covered well care visits.  I really want to take her in for her 3yr physical, but it will cost a little over $200.00.  Maybe her pediatrician’s office will take a payment plan.  – Last night she wanted to watch a movie of herself again.  I stuck one in our DVD player and it would play.  Totally freaked me out and had me in tears.  It played in the DVD R player, so I’m not sure what happened, but I copied it to VHS as it played.  I don’t know why, but I’m so terrified of loosing these movies.  I wish it didn’t take so long to make backup copies.  I think I’ll put them all on VHS too, since this happened.  They are so much fun to watch, even Lexie likes to look at them now.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, movies, and life.

No comments: