Friday, January 27, 2006

People say "Yo, Humpty, you're really funny lookin' ", that's all right 'cause I get things cookin'

Friday, January 27, 2006
Didn’t make it in to work yesterday.  I got about a quarter mile from home, and as soon as I got up over 10 miles per hour, I heard it…The dreaded  ‘thump, thump, thump’.  Flat tire.  Frank went out to start to put on the spare, but it was only 6:30am, dark, freezing, raining, and on a slope.  I made him come in, when I found out Les Schwab didn’t open until 8:00am I called and said I wouldn’t be making it in.  Frank put the spare on and took it to the tire place at 9:30am.  He came home with a ¼ inch by 1 inch piece of steel that they pulled out of the tire.  It looks suspiciously like something that would come from the 24 hour fitness construction I drive by every morning.  The nice part about it was that I got to take care of Lexie and do some housework while he was gone.  I made me wish, again, that I could be a stay at home mom.  – The flip side of this is that I have to come in Sunday to do an upgrade install to our billing software.  I asked the administrator and Lexie and Frank and come in with me.  I think that’s neat and I’m excited about bringing them in, unfortunately, Frank seems to have taken the approach that he will be sitting around for an hour.  Reminds me of the episode of Raymond we saw last night when they got to go to Italy…although my work is far from a vacation in Italy, at least it’s a new experience that he can do with Lexie and me.

Word(s) of the day:  FLABBERGASTED

Lexie log:  “He’s a big bear, like that.  And he’s falling down, you know, like that.  And he’s running, he’s running, he’s running.  He’s silly.”  Excerpt from Lexie speaking on Fred, the Fred Meyer bear at the Aloha store last night.  I love her story telling.  She talks about sharks and the kitties, mostly about Thumper.  When we’re in the car, she gets excited about street lamps and thinks the tress that go by are all falling.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, swimming, Les Schwab, coffee, weekends, laughter and happiness.

No comments: