Thursday, January 12, 2006

I don't wanna work, I want to bang on the drum all day...

Thursday, January 12, 2006
Busy, busy, busy.  Combining data analysis, fee/RVU projects with Tech Lead job is a mess when it comes to year-end.  I was busy enough last couple years with my job, but combine month end with and code updates with that, and I can’t come up for air.  – People crying at work yesterday.  I told the auditors specifically that if admin authorized OT, that it would have to bring A/R down for the year-end, but it went up by almost $100 grand.  I personally feel that work put in (not payments posted, but outstanding claims worked) doesn’t show on the books for about two months, but I don’t know how to effectively sell that concept to management yet.  Anyway, I’ve got my sideways jaw that I always get when I need a vacation.  – Interesting change in work;  a lot of what I do now involves reading charts and learning more about coding, this is a good thing.  On top of that, since Carrie is a coder now, we have a continual dialogue regarding charts she’s reviewing and very interesting, sometimes ghastly, medical information.  I get the fun task researching diagnosis and procedures on some of the online resources, as she looks them up in the coding books.  Things like determining if the prostate is part of the urinary or reproductive system or the correct procedure for thrombectomy of a renal vein by incision (46083).  This part of the job is much more interesting to me and is quite a plus.

Word(s) of the day:  ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE

Lexie log:  Oh my little angel.  She was so cute at Thumper’s first obedience class last night.  She was telling the other puppies, “No bite!” and, “No bark!” and following the instructor around in the ‘ring’.  – I’m a little upset right not.  I feel so rushed at lunch and I know there were a whole bunch of really neat things that Lexie has done this week that I’m forgetting right now.  I do remember that she asked to see a home movie with her in it again and I put in one from 2004 where she’s dancing in front of the TV.  She danced to it and I recorded (on video) her dancing to her own video.  Hmmm.  I’m sure as things quiet down I’ll be able to remember more, but it’s frustrating.  We do spend about 15-20 minutes everyday when I get home from work where she sits on my lap and we talk and play.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Lexie’s phone messages at work, Mom and Dad, Advil prescription strength, eggs, calmer days, and weekends.

No comments: