Monday, January 30, 2006

Scooby Dooby Doo...Where are you?

Monday, January 30, 2006
Ahhhh…another great weekend has passed.  Back to the old grindstone.  I posted some pictures yesterday of Lexie and Frank at the office, and Lexie building a house with blocks.  – Today, Mom is having a biopsy…  I have a positive feeling that everything will come out with negative, which is positive.  – Early last week, while I was on the phone at my desk, my boss, Barb, put a flyer for a one day seminar on supervision on my desk in front of me.  Some time early April.  I hope I get to go.  I really like these seminars.  I used to go to a couple a year when I worked at Aetna.  I’ve been to a few on team leadership.

Word(s) of the day:  SPURIOUS ANOMALY

Lexie log:  Saturday we visited Gramma Betty for a short time, she wasn’t feeling well.  We walked Thumper around the block a couple times, then went home for a while.  Lexie and I went swimming at the pool.  We had a blast.  We found this corner of the pool where the jet was turned up all the way, and pointing towards the surface.  It was creating a pretty amazing current for a swimming pool.  Lexie wore some arm floats, I would put her in front of the jet stream, she would hang on to the wall, then let go and get pushed across the pool.  Like riding a mini rapids.  We both just thought this was the best.  After a while she got so good at it, that she could position herself so that it would spin her around in circles.  We spent a good hour and a half playing in the pool.  She did much better at swim on Sunday.  She did better with her kicking and she went to the bottom of the pool to get a toy, twice!  I started to feel a little tension a couple times when she would stop listening or paying attention, then I just reminded my self that this was for Lexie to have fun and socialize in an environment she loves, water!  If she learns to swim, super, water safety, even better.  In fact, I’m sure she will, I need (and perhaps Daddy too) to just relax and enjoy her enjoying.  – After swim, we stopped by the house so Daddy could make the cup of coffee he missed earlier, then off to work.  It was such a treat to be able to bring her and Daddy in to work with me.  I think it was nicer too, that no one was here except the new network tech.  I get too nervous when they’re here with everybody.  The software install and subsequent application backup each take 10-15 minutes to run without intervention, so I got to take Lexie on a tour and show her my desk and spend time with her.  We turned on the TV in the conference room to arena football.  I got Lex a plate of crackers and water.  She loved the oversized rolling chairs in the conference room.  She got to see the little frogs.  If I’d thought of it, she could have gone to the peds waiting room and played on the mini gym and looked at the fish tank.  Next time.  We took a mini-tour down to the basement, which was awesome.  We wished we could peek at the super scary boiler, monster huge, but we didn’t have the key. The new tech guy (Paul), and I told Daddy and Lexie about all the creepy things with the clinic.  Lexie just loved this, and when we looked into the creepy phone switch room (remember, this building has been annexed onto for the last seventy years), she was delightedly creeped out and called out, “Scooby Doo, where are you!”  I loved to have her here and I wish I could bring her once a weeks.  She fell asleep on the way home and napped for a couple hours.  – The hardest part about Mondays is missing her.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, weekends, overtime with Lexie and Frank, movies, pillows, laughter, and happiness.

No comments: