Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy Anniversary Baby, I've got you on my mind...

Today is Frank and my four-year anniversary.  I forgot to tell him “Happy Anniversary” when I kissed him goodbye this morning, so I called on the way to work, woke him up again.  He told me he told me that at midnight when he finally made it to bed, two hours after he tucked me in.  – So, Val’s on vacation this week, and I got stuck queuing all the fee tickets and schedules for the week and printing out the mornings.  At least Carrie’s helping with the afternoon printing.  The first half hour this morning is a semi-aerobic exercise of printing, sorting, and distributing.  Prints to 2D08, 2D09 (both Texas Instruments 800 dot matrix), and BOC (HP compatible photo copier, printer, scanner, fax) condensed and 10 characters/inch.  Printing; internal medicine fee tickets (17), pediatric fee tickets (12), three masters schedules-one condensed on green bar continuous feed, two non-condensed on the HP compatible, two daily schedules condensed on green-bar, lab entry edit list and outside reference list (I do this daily anyway) condensed on white continuous feed, third format collection action notices and recall notices on blue five inch continuous feed non-condensed.  Then these get separated and sorted to go to peds scheduling, im scheduling, peds reception, im reception, and the lab.  Then I walk all over the clinic distributing these.  Another thing to do today, schedule the next billing cycle (2) of statements, tomorrow transmit (via modem) cycle 4 statements which I have previously scheduled to run tonight, all the while cycle 1 sits in the job queue as I scheduled it yesterday to run the 25th.  Whew?  While the prints are running, I do the UNIX and Windows backups, log them, check the computer logs, and clean the tape drive. Then I’ll continue working on the spreadsheet from Hell.  It has about 15 separate sheets/tabs with vertical lookups (VLOOKUP) all over the place, tons of mathematical calculations with conversion factors and CPT RVUs.  The data on each tab is either pulled from year end production reports, reports I written, .csv files from Medicare, RVU files from Federal Register publication, all summarized and calculations performed on the main tab.  Now I’m having troubles with the vertical lookup to the lab codes.  I was about to pull my hair out Monday, yesterday I abstained completely, and today I’ll look at it again after break.  Then I’ll pick up the pends from our electronic claim vendor and correct or delegate the claims for corrections.  I do any batch work for adjustments, payments, or reversals that I’ve been given from credit department and business office.  When that’s all done I’ll do the daily post, correct claim errors, submit electronic claims, print paper claims, pick up pends again, and if I’m lucky and there’s still time I’ll work on the missing fee ticket report.  Oh, and there’s a business office meeting to discus why A/R went up so much and how to work more effectively.  I’ve spent my morning break discussing my morning, now off to work and I’ll type more fun stuff at lunch.

Word(s) of the day:  ITINERARY

Lexie log:  She is such an angel.  Lexie, Daddy and I played catch for about an hour last night.  She is getting pretty good at catching a ball smaller than a baseball, and her overhand throw is excellent.  Daddy teaches like a seasoned baseball coach.  – She is still interested in watching home movies, a fact that oddly enough, weirds out her Grammy.  She has watched about five or six DVDs now.  She is particularly interested in birthday parties, outings (Newport, Rose Garden, Salmon Springs).  So, I asked Carrie and she says that kids love themselves at this age and it is fascinating to watch themselves.  I agree with this and also think that she is grappling with weather or not she has a memory of the event.  I also wonder if it might even help her remember her childhood more.  No matter, by the end of the evening we were tossing the ball back and forth with Shark Tale playing in the background.  – I’m pretty sure I keep forgetting to blog Lexie’s adoration of the moon.  Granted it’s been raining her since November, but every once in a while we’ll get a clear night, and if we go out in it, Lexie is fascinated by the moon.  She talks to it saying, “Hello Moon!” and then when we go back in the house she says, “Come on, Moon! Come on inside!  Let’s go, come on inside.”  She exclaims, “I love you moon!”  When Grammy was over Monday, we all went on a walk with Thumper, and Lexie picked up a moon rock, meaning it was light colored and looked like a full moon.  – Last night we got her a Kid’s cuisine meal at Albertsons and she went up to this adorable older couple and showed them her meal and told them she was having chicken nuggets.  The next person she came across she told that she loved them and she’d see them later.  She is super friendly and the opposite of shy.  When we go through drive through, bank or fast food or gas station, she insists that her window be down too, she greets and talks to the person at the window.  On the rare occasion the person doesn’t notice or respond, she is disappointed and Daddy tells her it is just because they are so busy.  – Next Sunday Grammy is going to pick up Gramma Betty and drive her to Lexie’s swim lesson.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Kagome, Mom and Dad, instant coffee, yogurt cheerios, couch time with Lexie, and happiness.

No comments: