Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko-Bop, Shimmy Shimmy Bop...Uh syncopate your last two steps, Now your going to glide...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Should be calmer today, but I still want to go home for a nap already.  It’s too hard for me to gage yet if people will have all their work done for closing on the six, but I did learn not to stress over it.  It happens when it happens and some things are just out of a single person’s control, let alone wont’ be hurried by there mere act of stressing over it.  –It is nice to come in here with it so quiet and peaceful. A piece of me wishes I could spend more like half my day like this, then the other with all the talking, and visiting.  I get a lot more work done per moment in the mornings alone.  – Frank spent his birthday GI Joes gift card (well, half of it) on slippers for him, and a pair of Croc shoes for me.  Neither of us were satisfied and we’re going to go back later this week and do an exchange.

To do list: Make backup copies of digital pictures and home movies, clean up computer files, clean out Lexie’s closet and hall closet, bird feeders, and rest.

Word(s) of the day:  SOUBISE of SOLICITUDE     

Lexie log:  Last Saturday, the last day of 2005, Lexie and I took Thumper to Petco for a 40lb bag of dog food, about $1.02 per pound, and then headed over to the dog park for an outing.  When we left it wasn’t really raining, but I’d forgotten how much it had rained over the past week.  On the way there I thought to call and invite Tracy and Lucas.  They were home and enthusiastic to come visit.  Whew was it muddy.  The next thing we get Lexie will definitely be a pair of puddle stompers.  I was covered with mud to my knees, and Lexie’s nice white tennis shoes didn’t stand a chance.  She stomped in the muddiest of puddles.  One dog continually went back to the spot where he appeared to be digging a whole to China, which kept filling with soupish mud water.  Thumper kept trying to drink out of the crater, and Lucas and Lexie kept filling it with tennis balls for all the dogs to gleefully try to remove.  I was fun.  Lucas and Lexie played for a while on the jungle gym and slide, and after watching a couple times, Thumper actually took a turn down the slide of his own free will.  I think he was rather disappointed that he couldn’t ‘walk’ down the slide part, so he only went up and down the stairs/ladder, after that.  What a climber.  – Grammy came over yesterday and played with Lexie all afternoon.  Then we listened to Travis Tritt on the computer and watched Lexie dance.

Today I ‘m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, yogurt Cheerios, water, weekends, rocks, highlighters, and rest.

soubise

No comments: