Monday, January 16, 2006

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, If you say it loud enough, you'll always sound precocious, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Monday, January 16, 2006
I’ve got to get on the ball and put some more pictures up here.  We’ve been remiss in the photo department lately.  – Thumper is doing a number on my neck/shoulder.  I can’t wait until he is trained and doesn’t pull the leash.  We’re trying to walk him everyday, but I can’t go very far by myself.  I tried Saturday to walk him, but didn’t get very far.  I insisted on trying to teach him not to pull by stopping every time he pulled and telling him, “No pull.”  Too puppy for that now.  Yesterday I woke up with a super sore neck and shoulder.  When we went to Gramma Betty’s, we walked him again, Frank and I, and I showed him (Frank) how if anyone is in front of him, he pulls.  – Lana brought cookies in to work today, and Jan and Cherri are going to get chips and salsa.  I’m telling you, this place is snackville.  It is so hard to eat healthy around here.  – I’m eavesdropping on a conversation between Barb, Lynette and Bill the pharmacist.  Apparently someone tried to break in again this weekend.  They just recently started keeping the downstairs bathroom, near reception, locked.  I have heard a couple instances where Rigo (Security) or Ron (Central Supply) has had to ‘evict’ someone from the bathroom.  They finally had it locked (key available at reception to patient’s only) when Rigo busted in on someone cooking their heroin in there.  Strange neighborhood.  – This week I start the PTC relay training.  Instead of swimming at the gym, I’m going to focus on distance and hill climbing.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are my beginning goal.  Two miles afterwork.  Then I’ll try to get up in the mornings again, I just don’t get enough sleep when I workout in the morning.

Word(s) of the day:  OSTENTATIOUS

Saturday I had taken a super tired Lexie on a Thumper walk.  She was excited to go and insisted upon stepping on all the railroad ties and creative cement lawn borders she could get to.  She started collecting rocks and came home with too palm sized (for her, hand sized) ornamental rocks.  She was very pleased with them and kept telling Daddy how cool they were. At one point, she slipped on a railroad tie bordering the Shadow Wood community pool, and went to the sidewalk.  She refuses to drop whatever she’s carrying, and so gets scratches and bruises around her pinky knuckles and wrist.  I’m looking forward to more walks with her and Thumper, especially when the weather improves and he stops pulling.  – Lexie did awesome in swim.  She is definitely the best in her class.  We could tell the Teacher A.J. is pushing her to see if she’s ready for the next class yet.  When he has her swim  to him, he keeps backing up to see how far she can go.  She is well over halfway across now.  When it’s time to ‘U-turn’ off the wall, he guides the other kids, holding them, but now with Lexie he stands back and let’s her try on her own.  She almost did it yesterday.  She jumps in, turns around, but still heads for AJ until he reminds her about the wall, then she swims for the wall, reaches up and pulls herself out and up onto the wall.  I’m excited about her improvement, but I’m a little nervous about how she will react to a new teacher.  She is just smitten with AJ.  We didn’t swim Saturday night, I wasn’t feeling very well, but I missed it incredibly.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, coffee, weekends, swim, 24-hour fitness, coupons, and life.

No comments: