Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Christine, Happy birthday to you!

Today is my aunt Christine’s birthday.  Happy Birthday to you!  She’s keeping a photo diary of the progress on the re-model, re-building of their house on our family page and I really love to look and the pictures and read the amusing comments.  – I woke this morning from a dream where I was trying to balance a deposit with folded calculator tapes and receipts and bundles of papers.  I was always leaving a key piece in some strange place in the imaginary office I worked in.  The office itself was bizarre and always under construction with different themes in different areas, one area even spilling over into an abandoned Chinese restaurant called ‘Feng Chins’ that looked out onto a main street in Hillsboro but somehow reminded me of a Chinese restaurant that actually exists in St. Helens.  The whole clinic was only one level and expanded on and on.  I was trying to convince the office admin that we needed to replace our existing water cooler with a water cooler/coffee dispenser, kind of like the one at Beaverton Honda (described in previous blog).  We were wandering around the office and I kept pointing out potential spots to put the new machine and none were big enough or permanent enough.  Finally I found a suitable place and they started installing it.  All the while in the back of my (dream) mind, I am working on this bizarre accounting error with the deposit. I can still see the numbers in my mind.  I had somehow turned a dollar sign in front of $823.32 into one or an eight, I could never quite figure out which.  When I finally deduced this, I woke up and never got to re-calculate and see if I balanced.  Time for a vacation.  – Instead of a Christmas tree, we have a Christmas wall in the kitchen.  It has a wreath that Carrie bought for us, and two strings of fancy decorations from Mom, all the cards we have received and some ornaments.

Word(s) of the day:  SURMISE

Lexie log:  I forgot to mention yesterday that I’ve been working on putting more tapes to DVD.  I got two done Wednesday night and two more last night.  We end up watching most of them, and Lexie is starting to get a kick out of watching them too. I hope that we can sit down and re-do them in order and with titles etc.  Daddy actually said how pleased he was that we had them.  Over the last couple days we’ve transferred the Crab festival with the Hartmans at the coast, Lexie first birthday (in two parts), Thanksgiving (I think) in Yamhill with Lexie watching Lucas (dog, not boy) and Jack retrieve a ball in the thicket, a trip to Salmon Street Fountain in the summer, a trip to the zoo, and some splashing in the kiddie pool in the backyard.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, DVD player, Mom and Dad, home movies, payday, three day weekend, and life.

No comments: