Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ohhhhhh, the weather outside is frightful...

It is darned cold outside. There talking about freezing rain every night this weekend. -- I had swimming lesson dreams all morning. I dreamt that Lexie ran away to this ginormous swimming lesson cabin on the top of some sloping mountain with fields of lawn grass and tall fir trees. Everything was on a slope and it was a beautiful blue day. The main "swim" cabin was a labirynth of swimming areas; some shallow, some deep, some with jets and non slip walkways interconnecting them all. When we entered there was only one instructor with an older child in one of the pools. He agreed to let Lexie swim, but she wouldn't swim out on, "Ready, Go!" becasue it wasn't Teacher AJ. Then she kept crying for Teacher AJ. I asked the older kid what lesson he was here for, and he replied something about underwater communication. Then it became clear to me that this swim center had a very odd and diverse selection of water related courses. At one point Lexie jumped in with no one near her and just floated face down. I freaked and jumped in after her, and somehow everything turned out OK, but this part of th e dream is hazy. Teacher AJ shows up and agrees to let her have class even though it is only Saturday. Slowly the center became more and filled with people of all ages and all these strange classes were taking place. One pool had about four children in pink swimsuits and the instructor was sticking her mouth in the water and yelling instructions at them regarding something about a warm swimmer saying something to the cold swimmer. Then a group of three Asian adolescents walked by me and under a ramp, and got into a hot tub. I went to the front desk and asked for a brochure listing all the adult and children classes available with descriptions. While one lady was getting them, another tried to sell me a pair of suade flip-flops that were cloth only. The soles had no support to them, just cloth. I told her that if I could I would, and she gave me a free pair of suade boot cover.3
12+ Thumper just decided to help me type. Tall dog. Anyway...Strange dream. I wish I could type my dreams every morning. -- We're going to go to Les Shwab and see if the studded tires we have will fit our car. -- I called the vet this morning, and his shots are all up to date until next winter, and she gave the go-ahead to let him be around other dogs. So, we might take him out for a run today.

Word(s) of the day: GINORMOUS BLUE DOG

Lexie log: Her cold is slowly improving, but it doesn't look like we'll be going swimming tonight. Tomorrow is her last lesson for the fall session. -- Last night we had a tea party with the musical tea set Tracy got her. I tried to invite all her My Little Ponies, but she wouldn't allow them to attend. So the party consisted of Lexie, myself, a cat, and a green gelert. She didn't want to stop playing when it was bed time, so I'm sure there will be many more tea parties to come. As I sit here typing, she is handing me my own empty coffee cup and saying, "Here you go Maam."

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Les Schwab, weekends, Mom and Dad, blogs, dreams, sleeping in, French Vanilla creamer, Tiki and the crew, and life.

No comments: