Wednesday, December 07, 2005

We will, We will, Rock you!

Wednesday, December 7, 2005
Massive report overload…First of the month reports, combined with weekly reports, combined with Monthend reports, combined with special request reports.  I am report weary at the moment.  We just had a brownout, which thankfully didn’t interrupt Monthend, but for some dumb_arse reason shutdown my computer.  Everyone else’s just hiccupped, but mine, the one with the battery backup hooked to it, completed shut down. And I was running a report in the foreground on it at the time.  – Update on the $2,143 we apparently owe DHS for mistakes made by both them and us…I just got a letter denying that we pay 10-15.00 a month.  The letter states that since the amount is so high, that we have a minimum payment of $100.00 a month!  So…Just as soon as we no longer have to pay $100.00 on the ER bill, we get this one.  And we’ll be paying it off for almost two years!  What a total and complete bummerfication.  – Our subwoofer on our TV stereo is blown.  It looks like it would cost about $150.00 to replace.  Frank is totally bummed about this.  I’m hoping I can replace it for him as a Christmas/Birthday present.  As long as we can afford it.  It’s all he talked about last night.  He’s on the phone with the owner of Martindale’s home theater repair shop, pulling subwoofers out of other old unused speakers to compare.  Totally bummed.  It sure does make a difference when you’re listening to the radio or watching a movie though.  Frank and Lexie have dance sessions everyday, and she loves the base beat.

Word(s) of the day: ASININE MECHANISM

Lexie log:  I called home at break and she answers the phone, “Hi Momma.”  I asker what she’s up to and she says, “I’m just drinking a bottle of milk.”  As perfect as that.  My little three-year-old angel is a communicator now.  – Linda got her the cutest little purple teddy bear with hand crocheted outfit for her birthday.  We still haven’t gotten her anything yet.  – Her and Thumper are best friends.  – When I got home last night, she was napping. When she woke up she came shuffling into the office rubbing her eyes and sat on my lap and cuddled.  Monday night she was wide awake, she came bouncing into the office and exclaimed, “Look Momma, I’m dancing!” and danced all over the room in what I can only describe as a ‘modern dance’ style.   It was terribly cute, and it also got Thumper all riled up and he danced around too with her.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, chips and dip brought in by co-workers, swimming, and life.

No comments: