Thursday, December 15, 2005

The little dog laughed to see such a sight, And the dish ran away with the spoon.

Thursday, December 15, 2005
Ok, ooooh sooooo much better today.  Yesterday was a write off as far as productivity here at work.  I was teary eyed the moment I got in.  Lexie had been up coughing and crying most of the night and wouldn’t take any medicine.  She just spit it out.  As soon as I sat down at my desk I was unsettled.  Then Jan came in and saw me crying and told me to get the heck out of here and take care of Lexie.  MaryLu gave me a project and that sent me over the edge.  ….And this little Piggy cried, “Wah wah wah!” all the way home.  I slept till 2:00pm. Today is going so much better.  – Our thoughts and prayers are with the administrator and his family for the loss of his father.  – This is the week of conference calls.

Word(s) of the day:  WORD WRAP RAPPING     

Lexie log:  As I started to blog yesterday, she was miserable Tuesday night and refused to take any medicine.  I stayed up and down with her I went home, Lexie ran up to me asking me to hold her off and on as she had coughing fits.  Then after I came home from work Wednesday morning, I rocked her to sleep and then we all slept until 9:30.  Lexie got up and Daddy finally got her to take some Robitussin.  He had to just keep coming back with more every time she would spit it back out.  Finally, she swallowed it, and we all gave her such a “Atta Girl!” that coupled with the fact that we pointed out when she started feeling better, and the next time she took it down the first time and was proud of it!  She was such a trooper, she opened her last birthday present, from Jan, and played bead dress up.  – Just got a phone message from Daddy and Lexie is agreeing to take cold medicine, what a trooper.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Secret Santa, cough suppressant, rest, weekends, and life.

No comments: