Monday, December 19, 2005

In the lane, Snow is glistening, A beautiful sight, We're happy tonight, Walking in a winter wonderland...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Ice Storm 2005…Not.  Well, OK, so there was some snow mixed with freezing rain last night.  When I woke up this morning it was pouring rain.  It was an interesting drive in, but I made it.  The toughest part was getting from the car to the front door of the clinic.  Last year when this would happen, David would be all prepared and would come in and do the parking lot with de-icer and then shovel and sand right around the time I would get here.  Not this time.  I parked on a sheet of ice a quarter inch thick, at least.  I’m not even sure if I’m in the lines or not.  I didn’t see Colleen’s car, but figured she got a ride in (hopefully) so I gave my self five minutes to skate to the front door.  I may have looked goofy, but I didn’t land on my tushy.  So far, I’ve only seen a couple other people show up, and everyone else is calling in.  I just peeked out the window and someone, Phil, Ron, Jaime, I don’t know, is finally shoveling and salting.  By the time they’re through, it’ll probably be 50 degrees.  Hehe.  David lived so conveniently close to get in here for such ‘crisis’.  – Should be a quiet day here.  I think I’ll enjoy it.  Nice break.  Nice break from a three year old feeling the full effect of getting better from a cold, and a puppy who is just about the terror of the house.  I love him oh so much, but I’ll tell you what!  He is a handful.  This morning when I let him out and advised him that he relieve himself, he went no farther than a few paces, still on the outdoor carpeted deck, and proceeded with advised task.  He raced around back and forth full throttle in the snowy-icy yard last night, but wouldn’t step off the deck to pee in the rain.  He sure is testing his boundaries.  He is getting more and more aggressive with taunting the cats.  He wouldn’t hurt them; he just loves to make them run.  We are trying to curb this behavior, but I think we will definitely benefit from an obedience course, for all of us.  He and Lexie are continually pushing back and forth with some dominance issues.  They constantly lean into each other, and if Lexie’s head gets so much as three inches below Thumper’s, he starts to walk over her.  She doesn’t help the situation by grabbing his leg and holding on.  – I don’t advice shopping at the very moment that snowflakes begin to fall as the weather forecast predicts freezing rain.  Fred Meyer’s was a nightmare.

Word(s) of the day:  WINTER

Lexie log:  She was the best swimmer in class Sunday.  We were concerned that others would be upset that we brought her since she was still coughing and occasional nose runny, but she seemed better in the pool than out.  Kendall and Bergan were both tired and crying.  Lexie swam over half-way across the pool.  She got a certificate too.  She’s signed up for next session with same teacher, same day, same time.  The other two went to different days.  Kendall on Friday’s and Bergan earlier on Sunday’s.  The timing was just wrong for him at 11:30 he was always tired and ready for a nap.  I’ve never seen Lexie do better than this time.  She listened good, swam good, and even did better at the U-turn off the wall.  She’s still a little stiff and won’t float on her back, but she’ll get that down next session easy.  We didn’t go swimming Saturday night to give her a chance to rest, and she asked too.  – Daily she asks if she can have her birthday.  – I really want to get her some rain/snow boots.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, swim, weekends, water, anti-lock breaks, garlic, asparagus, Mom and Dad, and life.

No comments: