Friday, December 02, 2005

Hello world, Hear the song we're singin', C'mon get happy! A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin', We'll make you happy!

Friday, December 02, 2005
This project is taking up my whole day.  Not working on much sleep. When I made my coffee this morning, I pilled an enormous mountain of non-dairy creamer on top and sat and watched it for about two minutes.  It crumbled and melted down into the coffee like some off-white version of a time-lapse video of glacier island caving on all sides.  Psychedelic, dude… – It’s mega busy here at work again today.  If I could avoid the spur of the moment projects that keep cropping up, I might actually make a dent in some efforts at getting things cleaned up.  I teeter once in a while on a state of frustration when I look at how unorganized I imagine things to be.  I want to re-arrange filing, and I fantasize about paperless imaging for storage.  I feel inundated with a mass of documents kept to track changes or info that is rarely, if ever, accessed.  It is odd to me that an administration so computer literate and technologically savvy is still keeping binders and binders of every last little detail.  Wumph!  -- Technological rodentia suicide attempt;  My optical mouse just leaped from her (why a she?, she has no ball anatomy) upstairs pad and hung herself by her tail.  I need a break.

Word(s) of the day:  PARTICLE REVOLUTION

Lexie log:  Lexie’s birthday was nice.  We took about 35 minutes of video, but forgot to take any pictures.  Well, more like I was running the video camera and Frank was doing the cake, candles, helping with the present, so we didn’t have enough hands.  She loved the whole production.  Blew her candles out right away the first time, then wanted to try again and messed around making the flames dance.  She loved her 3D ViewMaster.  She kept trying to get Thumper and Tiki to look at the pictures, as well as Mommy and Daddy.  She ate McDonalds happy meal as a treat for dinner, had way too big a slice of cake, chocolate milk, tortilla chips, a starburst, a couple chocolate covered cashews, and by 1:00am she layered our one and only comforter with a mixture that looked like raspberry vinaigrette with Feta cheese.  Poor baby.  She had tummy cramps and we were up with her off and on the rest of the night.  She had a great time for her birthday.  I can’t wait to go home and cuddle her.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, washing machines and detergent, coffee, weekends, overtime, end to overtime, feeling of accomplishment, equilibrium, art, and stuff.

No comments: