Friday, December 16, 2005

Oh bring us a figgy pudding, and a cup of good cheer!

Friday, December 16, 2005
Dry, windy, below freezing winter weather is an excellent combination for knee pain.  My joints are achy this morning.  – Sweet Thumper follows me around the house in the mornings, waiting for when I sit on the couch to put my shoes on.  Then he puts his head in my lap and I give him morning affection.  Tiki sleeps on a pillow at the top of the bed and I cuddle him every morning before I get up.  Miadda always ends up waking me up some way or another on her way from the floor to a pillow above Frank’s head, and I give her scratches and love. Chikita is another who follows me around in the morning for affection, and usually I wake up to find she has slept on my back.  Turkey Swoop sleeps either on the hope chest or the heated cat pad in the living room.  I find some way to give him scratches and love on the way out the door.  Chikita and Thump got into it bad last night.  Chikita got him good (bad) on the ear and he cried out and blood dripped on the floor.  Of course, I was blow drying Lexie’s hair after her evening bath when Frank appealed to me to assist in refereeing the event.  Medical attention to the ear and scolding to both parties and all was well.

Word(s) of the day:  AILUROPHILE

Lexie log:  Slow progress, but she is getting better.  She’s sleeping better through the night, although I did wake up at three AM to her and Daddy in her room and her protesting about taking another dose of medicine and drinking more water.  – Her birthday has lasted a long time this year.  It started  on the official day, the first, then kept dragging along until at least Wednesday.  Presents and events have been trickling on the whole time up until the last gift from Jan Wednesday.  Well, last night she asked if she could have a birthday present.  Isn’t that sweet?

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, root beer, chairs, comfortable shoes, nice people, transportation, shelter, food, luxury basically, and life.

No comments: