Thursday, December 08, 2005

The space between, the tears we cry, Is the laughter keeps us comming back for more...

Thursday, December 08, 2005
Whew! Monthend close is pretty much wrapped up.  Looks like it went without a hitch.  I’m still running a few reports and tidying up some loose ends (such as a mysterious 66.00 adjustment attached to a doctor that hasn’t been here in years, and a few charges posted to a bogus ‘flu clinic’ code that should go towards doctor production), but other than that, I should be able to post the first December charges and payments this afternoon and patient statements tonight.  I sure did go a lot smoother than I had hoped for, and the only down side is that I am very weary of running, editing, formatting, and transferring what seems like over 50 different reports.  – It was so icy windy when I left work yesterday that the only thing I could think of on the way to the car is a prayer for shelter for homeless.

Word(s) of the day:  SUCCOR

Lexie log:  I still think some of the most precious moments are when we are listenting to the radio (mostly in the car) and even though it’s a song she’s never heard before, she’s right there trying to sing along.  Its flippin’ adorable.  Or, last night, we drove to Albertson’s and as Daddy and I are yakin’ away up front, she just start singing her own song.  It sounded like it had a little Ol’ McDonald Eee I Eee I thrown in, but essentially, it was a Lexie original.  At some point Daddy and I notice what she’s doing so we stop our conversation to eavesdrop.  Her singing is the quintessence of ancient story telling via song.  She has a few chorus bars of Eee I Eee I, with stories about Daddy going and animals flying, and falling, and running, and and and….  It’s so darned cute.  – We’re going to try to make it to zoo lights sometime in the next week, and then to Portland International Raceway for the light show there.  Lexie has been so into the Christmas lights when we are out driving about.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Gramma Betty throw blankets, jackets, Mug root beer, weekends, seasons, shelter, and how blessed my family is.

No comments: