Thursday, November 10, 2005

Come on feel the noise...

Thursday, November 10, 2005
Ok, I really am here.  So busy yesterday, I didn’t blog.  I drove up to Gramma Betty’s at lunch and that is my blog time.  So much to blog, so little time. Month End close is complete.  We’ll see how it goes solo next month with Thanksgiving vacation and both coders greenness.  Thanks to Kathie for coming in extra to help out.  Carrie gets the coding job, Hurrah Carrie!  In the space of three weeks we both get promotions.  This is great, but at the same time, there is a lot of stuff for two greenhorns to take on.  As Frank would say, “You can dooo it!”  This he says with the accent that Rob Schneider uses in all his cameo roles in Adam Sandler movies.  True fact, Schneider ends up in 99% of Sandler’s movies, usually playing the role of Townie yelling out something like, “You can do it” During some mob scene. I rather enjoy this piece of trivia, probably because I didn’t read it somewhere, just discovered it watching so many Sandler flicks.  Then, I doubled over in laughter (probably the only time during the whole movie) in The Animal, when the roles are reversed and Sandler plays the Townie in a Schneider mob scene.

Ok, enough of that.  We have been watching a ton of movies lately.  The most recent three, since last Friday, were Batman Begins, Manchurian Candidate, and The Interpreter.  Batman begins was my favorite of the series, more my style.  

Got a notice from DHS last night claiming that when were eligible for Food Stamps, the over benefited us because of some error and we now owe them $2,143.00.  This really sucks!  Just when I finally paid off the hospital bill from last years ER visit.  Never above water here, always treading.

Our new puppy, Thumper, is a treat.  The cats are already getting used to him, although none are actually ‘warming’ to the idea yet.  Turkey ambushes him and does paws of flurry on him.  He’s sustained at least three injuries, all superficial, that we know of.  I pulled a claw out of his face the first night.  I’ll blog more about him as my lunches are reclaimed.  Thumper.  Yes, Frank re-named him Thumper.  He's adorable.  With work and new puppy, life has been hectic and I seem to be constantly hovering just above a state of anxiety/panic attack.  Sometimes I slip in, sometimes I Zenify.

Word(s) of the day: CALLOUS

Lexie log:  Lexie and Thumper are quiet a team.  We need to work on her not high pitch screaming when they play.  I’m starting to have a clenched teeth issue about this.  We’re trying to teach her that she can play at a lower volume.  They love each other.  It’s a great match up.  The first night, after Lexie was done with dinner, we put Thump in his crate so the cats could get a break.  His crate is in her room.  She went in, looked back at me with this expression like, “You’re not allowed” and shut the door.  I left them in there for about five minutes before I went to check.  She had taken the box of stuffed animals I put up so Thump couldn’t get to them, dragged out every animal all over the floor and was sticking whichever ones she could fit into his crate for him to play with.  It was pretty cute.  She mimics us and is learning to call him, teaching him to sit, co-walking with the leash, and telling him, “No” when he does something she doesn’t like (like nipping at her shirt).  They are fun.  It was meant to be.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, Thumper, spare time, and life.

No comments: