Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I love a rainy night, I love to hear the thunder, Watch the lightining, When it lights up the sky, You know it makes me feel good.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Ok, so the first try at recording the digital video to DVD was not a complete success, but I’m positive that I know why.  Back up a bit…For my birthday, Mom and Dad got us a DVD recorder.  I used the one sample DVD Ram (Panasonics ‘special’ and more expensive disc that is not very compatible with other models) and recorded the most recent tape, the trip to Alaska and Gavin’s birthday.  Time is very precious to me, so I let it record while we went shopping and ran errands.  I didn’t finalize the disc, gave it to Dad, and of course, he can’t watch it.  So, now I’m thinking that we need a plan to allot two-three hour time slots where we can sit and watch as it records, possibly even at some point learning to edit and add titles.  The only obstacle here is that we have 13 tapes filled already.  Hopefully we can record at least three before Thanksgiving at Detroit.  Another big, big essential is that I be able to make backup copies, and even gift copies, like for Mom and Dad or like if we record something with Tracy or Michelle’s family.  (By the way, Thanks again Michelle for the CD of bowling pictures you sent.)  That is my big project, along with spending more time with Lexie, working out at the gym, training and bonding with Thumper, getting the house purged of unused stuff and cleaned, etc. etc.


Word(s) of the day:  ARTICULATIO COXÆ

Lexie log:  Daddy was talking to me last night about how sweet and wonderful she is.  He said he just loves it during the day when she will sit with him and just have this elaborately detailed conversation with him, using hand gestures and fully exploring word emphasis and using every word she knows.  He mentioned that every once in a while it breaks his heart to imagine that she could be so sweet and some other child would crush her feelings.  This is odd to me that it is such a strong worry between the two of us.  Are we are over protective of her sweet innocence?  I’m guessing that as long as we instill a strong sense of self-esteem, self-worth, and self-respect that we shouldn’t have to agonize over this. – On another note… She is still having a blast with Thump; however, there are the beginnings of a small power struggle.  She wants a little more control of him than he’ll give her.  She wants to be able to put him away like a toy sometimes.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, coffee, band-aids, Mom and Dad, moments, and life.


No comments: