Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hop in my Chrysler, it's as big as a whale, and it's about to set sail!

Thursday, November 03, 2005
-Really short today, blog that is.  Except for the occasional reprieve, I’ve been spending the day at Gina’s.  Not the restaurant, I’ve never been…the desk of the person who’s leaving at the end of next week.  Learning to do the daily post and some other daily duties that I’ll take over shortly.  So far, everything’s going smoothly.
-Rainy, rainy day.
-Lunch today is leftovers from last night’s dinner.  I made a Pookyzoo Keller beans and rice creation.  I cooked up three cups of long grain white rice (more butter than the recipe calls for).  Then I took a can of Fred Meyer’s chili, heated in a saucepan and added a few things.  A clove of pickled garlic, that I took out and ate after cooking, and a couple other ingredients.  We had a small amount of leftover Hidden Valley Ranch dip I had made the other day, but not enough left to buy a bag of chips for, so I scooped the left of that in.  Then, we had enchiladas a la Frank the other night and had about 1/8 cup left over enchilada sauce that I tossed in. Finally, I added some cheddar and heated it until it was all melted.  Added the chili to the rice and voila!  We wrapped in soft taco shells and had burritos.  Pretty decent.
-Oh, yeah! Congratulations Kathie!  I’m so happy for you, and I’m so sad to see you go.  I don’t know how the business office is going to handle you being gone. I cried when I heard.
-Keller cat fact:  TurkeySwoop is named after a character in literature.  Some book that Frank read, I can’t remember the name of the book.  The first time I ever saw him, he was humungous.  He was a neighbor’s cat, I’m not sure which neighbor, but I have an idea.  It was at our Augusta house.  Long hair, orange ball of fur, must have been at least 12-13 pounds.  Then, something happened, and he was abandoned.  I think the people next door had a baby, moved to a bigger house, and left him.  Over a winter he shrunk and grew a matting of armor at least a half inch thick.  We continued to feed him scraps, and then eventually cat food, then finally, he melted our hearts and we took him into the vet.  They had to put him under general anesthesia to shave him.  He came home looking like a lion, only his orange mane and the tip of his tail remained long hair. He was eventually accepted into the household, and even though some thought he would never be tamed after his wild year, he is a lovey gentle pussycat.  Orange cats are a trip!  They have definite personality differences from others.  They have a fondness for ‘love bites’.  Once Turkey bit my calf.  He was a purring and weaving in and out of my legs, wanting to come into our house, and he gave me a love pinch.  Nice puncture wound sent me to the urgent care with a shot of antibiotics in the rump and some pain pills.  To this day I get nervous when he circles, but I know he won’t do it again.  He was overly excited since he was still a wild, abandoned stray at the time.  He’s awesome.

Word(s) of the day:  JINRIKISHA


I am amazed at this interesting rickshaw fact!

Lexie log:  Lexie and I played last night, she talked to her Grammy on the phone for a second, but pretty uneventful evening.  We’ve been playing this game where she puts a hand cloth on my head so that one corner covers my face, then she squeezes my thumbs and I try to blow the corner up off my face and onto the top of my head.  For some reason, this really tickles her and gets her to giggling.  Then we switch, and she tries.  There’s something else that I keep meaning to blog, but keep forgetting.  I’m pretty sure I think of it every couple days, but can never remember when I’m in front a computer.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Jan and Carrie, cats, water, my Alaska coffee cup, my co-workers and job, my family, happiness, weekends, and life.

No comments: