Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Let's ride with the family down the street, Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005
At least a little blog today.  Monday was too busy for anything.  I worked through lunch and stayed a little late.  It’s going to be a lot of prioritizing, re-organizing, and streamlining for the rest of the year. Already, yesterday, Admin Jeff asked me for data that Gina used to give him that I couldn’t find any spreadsheet, folder, or report for.  I know how she worked the credits on unapplied cash, she showed me that, but I had to start a new system for all adjustments to be tracked on a single workbook/spreadsheet.  More efficient for me.  That way I can track/audit any adjustments.  I have a lot to do to get caught up though, and I still have my insurance accounts to audit.  Monday’s are particularly busy since that is the day I have most of my reports.


Word(s) of the day:  BOMBARD     

Lexie log:  She did so well at swimming this weekend.  We went Saturday and played and practiced for an hour.  She’s much more comfortable with her head under water, and will look at me and even swam half way across the pool to me.  Teacher AJ definitely noticed an improvement Sunday.  She was so excited about the under water part, that she lost a little focus and had a hard time remembering to wait for ‘Ready-Go’ to swim out to him.  – Saturday we took Thump to Dittler’s and it was a joy to watch him race up and down the water line in the sand.  Lexie had a blast too.  After swim we took him to Summer Lake Park and started leash training Thump.  It was a great walk around the park, with a little lake.  Right at the beginning, a dog from inside the fenced dog park (leash free place for them to run and socialize) a large dog started barking at Thump and I didn’t have a good grip on his leash.  He took off about 30 feet then stopped.  I was stunned, and actually it made both Daddy and I a little sad that he came to a complete stranger rather than us.  Oh well, we haven’t even had him a week until today at 4:00pm. And he is starting to bond with each of us.  Lexie loved the park.  There were three or four nutrias that were very tame and let her get very close to them, she was fascinated by this new species.  After the park, we went with Grammy and Grandpa to Juan Colorado’s for a belated birthday dinner.  Lexie sat between Grammy and Grandpa in a booster seat and was a little joy.  She was the most well behaved I can remember seeing her at any restaurant to date.  After they went home, she actually asked where Grandpa was.  – Monday and Tuesday she woke up with me and cried when I left.  This is so tough for me.  On the way to work I contemplate why I couldn’t actually stay with her when I know all too well that in a few short years she’ll not be quite as interested.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, Tuesdays, space heaters, coffee, beanbags, flamenco music, and air.

No comments: