Monday, November 07, 2005

Gettin Jiggy wid it...Na na na na na na...

Monday, November 07, 2005
Talked on the phone to my mom all the way to work today.  That’s nice and therapeutic.  The imaginary beast of burden haunted me all weekend.  Change is interesting, good, and all that, but for some reason, I must have wanted to torture myself all weekend.  Not ever sure if Gina would come in this week or not after what she said last week.  I really haven’t been looking forward to doing the first month end close solo.  But Gina is here today, so hopefully, baring any unforeseen turbulence, I will be able to ride shotgun this month end and sink or swim next month. Also, at the end of the day Friday, Jeff mentioned some conference call Tuesday, I asked him to move it to Wednesday so I could fully participate (month end close tomorrow), and then find out Frank has appointment at 3:15 Wednesday, so hopefully the conference call is in the A.M.  We had an excellent weekend; nevertheless I couldn’t shake the irritable nagging of incompletion from here at work.  All is well, and I am relieved.  I tend to give circumstances more immensity via absence.  I’m taking a little break from school at the moment, and blogging is therapeutic.  – I will be very glad to have all this nervous tension siphon off into the past.  People keep jokingly asking me if I’m going to move to Gina’s desk.  The sad thing is that even Gina asked.  I don’t have the callousness to tell her that she was exiled to that desk because her co-workers banished her there.  I have a feeling that Linda (the person hired to fill the auditor position, who is coming back because Gina is leaving, oddly enough, and quit three years ago because of her, and I was hired to replace her…deep breath), will be sitting at the third desk in our cube and Gina’s old desk will be reserved for future scanning station.  Now, back to work for a while.

Keller cat fact:  Now that the weather has gone wet, Tiki likes to go for a stroll in the wet grass, get some dirt between his toes, then jump on Franks lap and stand there cold and wet.  It’s so cute.

Word(s) of the day:  MEOW MIX

Lexie log:  She had a great time at Gavin’s birthday party.  We haven’t looked at the pictures yet, but the video is great.  She loved jumping on the Marissa’s poster bed and she had a blast with the Sponge Bob piñata.  She was the star at piñata time she had everyone laughing hysterically.  Unfortunately the videotape ended right before she started doing karate and screaming, “ready GO!” with each swing.  She found out that she absolutely loves those party favors that you blow and it unrolls and makes a sound.  She went to town with those.   Can’t think of what they are called though.  She won at pin the tail on the donkey.  – Teacher AJ said Lexie should try transitional to for another session so she can work on her kicks and floating on her back.  Grammy is going to register her today.  – She woke up with me this morning and broke my heart.  She followed me around as I got ready and acted excited as if she would get in the car and go to work with me.  I cried when I handed her back to Daddy at the door and she started crying.  – We’re going to look at an 11 week old German Shepherd tonight.  I’m nervous about this, but also excited.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, happy endings, water, and well, I can’t think straight because I’m hyper and excited and my lunch is over.

No comments: