Friday, November 04, 2005

The low rider drives a little slower, Low rider, is a real goer, Hey...

Friday, November 04, 2005
-My guess is that my blog will be close to non-existent for the next week or so.  It’s 1:30 and I’m just going to lunch.  I really don’t have much to say about work today.  I feel kind of disconnected in a way that I don’t know whether I’m coming or going.  
-Keller cat fact:  All of the cats but Turkey have been camping.  Felix was the best camper.  He’d been to Canada, Washington, Oregon, and California and Idaho.  He camped in the California Redwood forest and Hell’s canyon Snake River on the Idaho side of the border.  They were all harness and leash trained, although back in the beginning, when Felix was an only cat, he would be fine off the leash as long as there weren’t dogs.  We used to let him roam at Jones Creek.  I have pictures of him and on the creek beach, he’s walking around as I’m cleaning a pan in the creek.  It got harder and harder to go camping with them as we got more cats.  The last cat camping trip was to blowout flats at Detroit Lake.  It was in the winter and snowing, we camped in our Van.  The cat’s got to run around in the snow a little, but we almost lost Chikita.  Now they have a decent sized back yard that any cat would be honored to have.


Word(s) of the day: WEEKEND

Lexie log:  We’ve been doing pretty good at putting her hair up so that she’s used to it on Sunday for swim. – She can drive a high chair. Even though she doesn’t need to be in one, she sometimes (most of the, actually) prefers to sit in her highchair.  She likes to scoot in it too, if we leave her alone for any length of time over 30 seconds, we come back in the room and she’s moved a foot or two.  – We’re going to Gavin’s birthday party tomorrow.  Still trying to think of what we can get him.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mexican food, weekends, swim lessons, socks, and happiness.

No comments: