Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Or, maybe not... We had a great trip. It was cold sometimes, wet others, but the laughs of Lexie, and the runs of Thumper and the company made it warm and decent. -- Frank wants first and foremost for me to point out how kind and considerate it was of Michelle and Mike to think of us all, especially Lexie and Thumper. They had a birthday gift for Lexie all wrapped and with a card. They had bunches of stuff for Thumper; a few chews, a bone or two, a toy or two, and support and help. -- When we showed up Wednesday night (after a scramble of getting the camper last minutes together) they had hot dogs and chili for us and a treat for Thump. -- Frank worked his butt off all day Wednesday getting the camper together. After helping him unload yesterday, I can see how much work he put into it. -- We had a very decent Wednesday night, after I freaked out about leaving after dark, going to Les Schwab and getting the tires filled and not showing up until around 6:30pm. After all was semi-settled, we sat around the fire, cold air, but warmness all around. -- Thursday (Thanksgiving morning) Frank got up and re-kindled the fire Mike had started the night before, with some lint and paper. As he watched the fire, Lexie, Thump and I went for a two mile walk around the campgrounds. G loop was closed, but we walked on and explored the closed boat ramp. We walked down far, far below the emptied out lake and tree trunks. Lexie found a rock with orange paint on it on the way back. She tried to throw it into a deepish ravine (cuz she loves to throw rocks into water) and when it landed near the edge, she cried and had me retrive it. It is a prized possesion. She was so proud to show it to Daddy. Michelle and Mike were out and about when we got back. Michelle spent mucho time preparing the awesmoest turkey Thanksgiving meal. They cooked a turkey in their gas grill, and she spent hours in their trailer making stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. including cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, corn, gravy....Damn! I mean it was everything a Thanksgiving dinner should and could be. -- Lexie almost wore herself to sleep at many times. Thumper had a few good playful runs. We sat and chatted by the fire Wednesday and Thursday night. The rain didn't start until late Thursday, but by Friday morning, as Frank so aptly put it, we would need intertubes to sit (float) by the fire pit. The camp host let Michelle and Mike know that the snow level was going to be dangerously close, so we packed camp and headed for the KOA in Albany. All this took much more work than the few sentences I take to tell it. By two or three in the afternoon Friday, we were at KOA. It was less wet, but still cold and we were all tired. No fire that night. We walked and chatted and Lexie got muddy. -- Call from Mom and Dad to let us know they were fixing the hall floor and that I had accidentally shut Chikita into the hall closet for close to 48 hours... Massive guilt, but she was fine. Michelle and Mike brought over Lexie's birthday present and we watched (and taped) her opening it in the RV. She loves it. Saturday morning, I started to feel the cold that Lexie got Wednesday. I was utterly an oger to her when we went to shower. We woke up happy and all, but she had a change of heart (attitude) and didn't want to shower. Hurt my feelings so after an attempt to get her to see how nice it would be, she ended up crying on the shower floor. I stomped off ahead of her to the RV and as soon as I got done with my shower, as fate or Karma, or whatever, would have it, my cold started. To this minute, I'm stuffed in the head and dripping. I'm not talking about turkey stuffing or dripping gravy. Saturday, we had coffee, a walk and packed and came home. We spent the rest of the day unloading, Frank doing most of the running around, me just stacking and organizing. It was a great experience, but not nearly as relaxing as one (me) might have hoped for. Michelle was not feeling so well sometimes also. I can't wait for some summer camping trips. -- Now, after a day of a sick family trying to relax, I can hear dishes clashing in the kitchen, Lexie screaching from Thumper's reaction to her taunting, and I need to go end the vacation/weekend. I may not blog so much this week. Busy crud and much overtime, so I made a special attempt to blog out this vacation. It was much more interesting, and all toghther worth while than this short amount of time allows me to impart. If I don't get much a chance to blog this week (Lexie's birthday is on the first), its because the second half of the year has been so much more intense. Love my life, but not this cold.

Word of the week: CURD

I'm grateful for too many things to type right now. Signing off for a rest.

No comments: