Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oh, and while the king was looking down, the jester stole his thorny crown. The courtroom was adjourned; No verdict was returned.

Thursday, November 17, 2005
Busy, busy, busy… Daily routine at work is falling into place (until month end, that is), but after work is busier than ever.  Kathie’s going away party scheduled for Tomorrow night, just got the invitations this morning, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to talk Frank into going on such short notice.  Saturday we take Thumper in for his boosters, and to sign him up for Companion Pet Clinic’s Puppy Wellness program (includes a micro chip locater deally thingermabob). Then swim Saturday night, Swim Sunday morning, and then a drive out to Cascade Locks to visit with Tash and family and Tracy and family.

Crappanannies!  They’re working on a faulty outlet at Lana’s station, which is attached to my cube.  I was racing up to the save button as I hear Phil say he was headed back to the breaker box, but I was to late.  Auto recovery only saved the first little part of my blog.

The office smells like a big cucumber today.  It’s Kathie’s going away party, and there are lots of vegetable trays.  Someone cut up a fresh cuke and it smells awesome in here.

Word(s) of the day: SHIZAGRUNNYGAGA!

Word of the day dedicated to Kathie.  Her own expletive and she says it so well.  Crappanannies is hers too.

Lexie log: I’ve been struggling to get all of our home videos transferred to DVD for the past couple days.  My first attempt (without reading the manual) was a flop.  I poured over the manual Tuesday night and went to try again last night.  I couldn’t find the manual anywhere.  I was almost in tears.  So, after clashing and fighting with the most un-user-friendly remote on earth, I labored until I had an entire DVD (about three tapes worth of titles) recorded.  Then I went to finalize the disc so it would play in other players, and no option anywhere.  Wits end.  I finally find the manual dropped behind a chair (Lexie…) and come to find that you can’t even finalize the DVD RAMs at all.  Three hours of work into this and nothing to show for it.  The only real downside to this is that I really want to free up a few tapes for this weekend.  I may end up recording the DVD RAM onto a VHS and then re-recording the VHS to DVD –R at a later date.  Who knows.  All I know is that there are 13 tapes worth of memories that I want stored for easy access, copies for Grammy and Grandpa, and for safe backups.  Last night as we were watching/recording, Lexie saw Grandpa on the screen and yelled out, “GrammaDad!”  This is what she calls him 90% of the time because it is so much easier for her than ‘Grandpa’.  I’m actually going to really enjoy recording these DVD, once I’m sure its working correctly and have the time to do it.  I can’t wait until we not cramming in all 13 and can do one at a time as we record them.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, snow peas and dip, coffee, relaxation, and happiness.

No comments: