Monday, November 21, 2005

I want chicken, I want liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix Please deliver...

Monday, November 21, 2005
Well another weekend flies by, almost literally.  Friday evening was a bust.  I was so freakin’ angry about Kathie’s party that it took me an hour to get over myself.  It can be a little difficult to get the whole family out to an ‘event’, especially when there is a semi-large group of people involved and it’s on such short notice.  I got home, got Lexie all excited about going out to have social fun, Frank got all ready, and…Whamo.  I called Jan to see if she had any hints on landmarks or routes to get to this place easier, and the first thing I hear her say is, “Sorry”.  When I ask about what, she tells me kids aren’t included.  It says ‘Rachel and family’ on the invitation.  I was told it was a family environment.  I was pissed.  I didn’t even say goodbye.  I felt shunned (thanks’ for the word Carrie).  I called Carrie and she was the one who discovered this first.  I can understand if you want to have an ‘adult only’ party, but get it together people.  Hey, I guess I’m almost over that.  – Took Thump in for his vaccines, the vet put the fear of Parvo into me, and we forewent the trip to Dittler’s for a run. The rest of the weekend went well, but too fast.  It was great to see Tash and her family.  The Gorge was impressively windy.  Tash and her family are staying in a cabin out at Cascade Locks, Tracy, Dana, Sierra and Lucas had been out there since last Thursday, but drove back home last night around the time we left.  It was incredibly windy there.  Icy wind.  Thumper loved it.  He and Rosie played a bit, I felt like Thump was getting too aggressive, but I’ve never had a dog before, so what do I know.  Tasha’s Ben looks so much like her.  Olivia looks like Christy, and Hailey is just too adorable.  I don’t remember Lexie at 16 months anymore.  I’ll have to think on that a while.  – Got to go, Monday’s are always the busiest nowadays.

Word(s) of the day:  BRIDGE

Lexie log:  She didn’t stay very long at Saturday Night Splash, but I think it was we went when she was hungry.  We played at floating on her back and she did really well in class the next day.  – I left the video camera in the trunk when we thought we were going to Dittler’s with Thump, and when I went to rewind a tape, it gave and error message, “DEW DETECTED….EJECT TAPE”.  I freaked out for a while, hair dryer, battery off.  Eventually on the way to swim, Daddy put the battery back on and re-checked and it resolved itself.  I taped the whole swim lesson.  Added bonus; Teacher AJ was interning a new swim instructor so throughout the whole class, and hopefully on tape, AJ was explaining to him what he was doing and why.  I hope we can watch it this evening with Grammy.  – Grammy and Grandpa brought the RV down yesterday while we were out at Cascade Locks.  I’m starting to get pretty excited about the trip.  I hope we can get the whole thing packed up before Wednesday.  – Lexie really enjoyed playing with Livy (Not sure I’m spelling that right).  They played in the room with the playpen and Livy kept pretending that she was a baby and Lexie was her Mommy.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, meeting up with Tash and Tracy, Mom and Dad and all there help with our camping trip, and one thing at a time.

No comments: