Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone, Little joe was blowin' on the slide trombone.

Thursday, November 8, 2005
Another busy day.  I sure do have a great group of co-workers.  I’ve gotten tons of scented sprays and candles, some flowers, cards, and lots of treats.  KC even gave me a Black&Decker Home Café one-cup coffeehouse.  Carrie brought me Carl’s Jr. breakfast and coffee.  Barb brought me chew toys for our new puppy, Thumper.  That’s right, he’s coming home with us tonight.  I haven’t been this nervous and weirded out since I found out I was pregnant with Lexie.  Big decision.  Frank picked his name.  I’m terribly nervous about the cats.  It’ll be all right.

Word(s) of the day: SHEPHERD LAB

Lexie log: I was just about in tears of cuteness yesterday on the way home when Daddy was describing to me how Lexie acted all day.  After my horrible departure with both her and I in tears (Monday’s are always the worst), she finally went back to sleep.  Later, she walked around the house with her purse over her shoulder, packed up with her two monkeys and her milk bottle, talking to Daddy about going to work.  She wanted to go to work, and she wanted him to open the door to let her go.  She kept saying, “Going to work Daddy.  Open door.  I’m going to work to make a penny.”  She wanted to come see her Momma.  Then of course Grammy arrives and she forgets all about me.  No one on this planet devotes as much constant attention to that child as she does when she is over.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, my friends and co-workers, birthdays, Thumper, nicknames, and happiness.

No comments: