Friday, November 18, 2005

Dirty but happy, digging and scratching, Losing your shoe and a button or two. He's poor but hones, sad but true...

Friday, November 18, 2005
Well, I’m taking an early break today.  I got a call from Barb last night around 5:00pm letting me know that Prism went down and quite possibly won’t be up all day today.  It appears to be a rather critical hardware issue.  So today will be mostly spent cleaning up online access for insurance companies, and I have a billing software presentation to sit in on for a couple hours.  I usually enjoy looking at new billing software. – On the way to work I heard there was a nasty accident on highway 47 by Fern Hill road, it made me nervous for a moment or two, ‘cuz that’s Mom’s route.  I called Dad, to make sure he had her call me when she talked to him.  I know that she must have already been at work way before it happened, but a daughter worries about these things.  I just got a message from Dad that she called and is fine, and that she loves me.  That’s sweet. – Debbie just came over to me saying that she is so pleased and hadn’t I noticed that the atmosphere here has already improved 100%.  This is the same sentiment that I’ve heard from every single person in this department.  I really hope that GR finds some peace and more happiness; she was quite negative and dramatic here.  Even a couple of the people that she truly thought were her friends admitted to me that they do it to stay on her nice side.  That is really sad.  I liked many things about her, including her caring and sense of humor, but it was getting harder and harder to work with the negativity and constant drama.  VS was on vacation during her last week and came in the next Monday doing an Irish jig and singing a song from The Wizard of Oz, “Ding dong…”  Last week was one of the toughest I’ve had here.  It was awkward, filled with tension and negativity, and there was just nothing I could do or say to end it.  This week, although busy, is such a relief.  The days are flying by.  I’m doing the work TT did, the Tech Lead job and my Report Writer work, on top of my old job auditor work. Everyone is being really helpful with helping me post my batches, especially Lana.  Debbie is doing all my share of the mail.  Carrie is learning coding at the same time she is training Linda to handle Medicare.  The last week of the month, the 28th, Cherri will be coming up to start as auditor.  I’m curious to see how it’s going to work with month end, and training her.  It’s not a slow time of year.

I’m so mad at Children of the Sea right now.  Not the classes or the instructors, but the front desk.  Mom has called in TWICE specifically requesting a card on file and I just called to see if we could use if for Saturday night Splash, and once again, it’s gone.  She (whoever answered the phone) put me on hold only to come back and tell me that they don’t like to keep card numbers on file because of identity theft.  That’s understandable, but why does someone there keep telling us that they can put it on file, and then they don’t!?  I’ve just spent the last three and a half hours in a patient management software presentation, my brain is fried, and this just set me off.  I was really excited about never having to worry about having the extra cash for Saturday swim, something we enjoy so much, that we are making it part of our routine.  It’s a highlight of our week.  The front desk incompetence just grates my nerves at this moment. Zenifying…

Word(s) of the day:  ERSATZ     

Lexie log:  Last Saturday morning Lexie woke up next to me after I had been lying in bed for a while.  She looked at me, smiled and said, “Hi Momma.  I love you” in a sweet, just woke up voice.  Then, she went on and on about the dream she just woke up from.  Her vocabulary, however expansive it is getting, is still somewhat lacking, so there were quite a few make-believe words thrown in.  The gist of it was about a bunch of monkeys up in the tops of trees.  To me, this is a little slice of heaven.  To lay back snuggly warm while my sweet Lexie babbles on and on, her voice filled with fascination, relaying to me her story.  I wish I could start every day that way.  – I spent some time last night and got two tapes recorded to VHS.  What a relief.  It really took a load off my mind.  I’ll keep filling up the VHS tapes until we can get some DVD –R and then copy from VHS to DVD.  – We’re preparing for camping. Whew.  I’m excited about a four-night trip with Lexie, Frank, Thumper, Michelle, Mike, and Isabella.  Lexie has always enjoyed camping.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, camping, Fridays, swimming, and weekends.

No comments: