Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Absorbent, and yellow, and porous is he....

Confessions of a clarinetist. Today at work I admitted aloud that I was once first chair clarinet in advanced band. One person asked if I went to band camp, another asked if I sucked reed. No, and
yes. I was a reed sucker. Anyone familiar with the woodwind instrument will know what I'm talking about.

Today has been one of those goofy, giggly days. We're all enjoying a few guffaws every so often. Making up new words is a very common pastime here - Slurpage- three of us seem to be having slurping issues today. TT with her cereal milk, me with my coffee, and Val with her coco.

Words that go well together: 'floppy partial batch' and 'oregano eggs'.

Word(s) of the day: FRACAS

Go Ozzy!

Ok, the "Did I kill anymore fish?" HVAC contract worker just went through again, and yes, he did ask.

Lexie log: Got a call from Grammy last night inviting us to the Newport Aquarium this weekend. Woohoo! Got to get the batteries charged and get the video recorder ready. I think I'll focus on video this trip. We haven't done any in so long because of the daunting task I mentioned in an earlier blog entry. NEED TO PERSUADE GRAMMY TO HELP WITH THIS. I think it would be fun? Oh really now, I just need to set down and do it! Need to get the blank videos to do it. I seem to have some faint memory of going through this before with Mom thinking that she got us some from Costco, and either they ended up at their house or a figment of imagination. I hope it's not confusing that I switch between calling my parents Mom and Dad and Grammy and Grampy. -- "Spun Bob!" That's how it sounds when Lexie says it anyway. She just loves him. We tried to pick up a copy of the newly released movie last night, but they were all out. I haven't quite figured out what it is about him that is attractive to her, perhaps his color and voice. Some of the stuff seems down-right scary for a toddler. The funniest thing I just found out is that there is some controversy about Sponge Bob and Patrick being gay lovers. Ha! That's funny. Some people just really need something to focus there negative energy on. I guess that Robin Williams used this in a stand up bit for the Oscar's and that it was hysterical. Bugs in drag, Chip and Dale, etc. I wish I hadn't missed it. I have this rift where I don't want Lexie and her generation to be so uptight and freaky, but I also am futilely worried that she will live dangerously. God's hands,God's hands...

Today I am grateful for Frank and Lexie, remembering to be grateful to God, sign language, cheese, friends, acquaintances, strangers, and land formations.

No comments: