Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Groovin'......on a Sunday afternoon

Wee, work day is half over! I'm still frustrated about this switch to PTO instead of vacation and sick time. It seems like it will take forever for me to get enough for Alaska trip and camping. I only had 26 hours last paycheck. I missed a day of work last week so I going to be pretty short on this weeks pay check. Oh well, we're still happy!

We were talking about TT stopping by work on Friday with her Grandboogie Riley and I thought it might be neat if Lexie were able to pop in one day. I'm trying to come up with some scheme that makes it possible for Grammy to pop in one afternoon with her. I would just love that, and so would some of my co-workers. Maybe we can find some park or activity over on this side to do after I get off work some Monday.

Word(s) of the day: MOLUCCAN COCKATOO

Lexie log: An afternoon in the life of Lexie: Yesterday Grammy came over and Lexie got to take a twilight bath, just hall lights, no bathroom light. Grammy and Grampa also bought an inflatable double pool with two pools attached by a slide. The one pool is deeper than the other, with the top of the slide at the lip of the pool, and the bottom in the adjoining pool. It looks great and we can't wait to use it. Grammy and I watched Lexie dance and sing to 100% funk CD in the office. She is such a cute dancer, and she loves it so much. Then, Lexie, Grammy and I went to Safeway to pick up Flinstone vitamins, macaroni and cheese and turkey dogs. I pushed Lexie in her swing while Grammy made Macaroni and cheese with dogs. Daddy cut the lawn and Lexie ran around and played with me in the yard. We ate dinner on the back deck. Grammy went home after we ate. Lexie hadn't quite finished, she is a very patient and slow eater, I'm so glad of this and hope it never changes. Grammy brought over Bambi, so we rolled Lexie in front of the TV to watch while she finished dinner. She hadn't napped at all, so we fully expected her to be out like a light in minutes. She finished to whole movie. We played around with the sit-n-spin, took some video, and she even watched Bambi again, on my lap, ok, well most of the movie. We didn't see the end. Can you believe this was the first time I've seen that movie? Well, she stayed up until we went to bed. First whole day with no nap. I think it was a fluke.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, vacation, having a job, Recess peanut butter cups, plastic utensils, our back deck/yard and house, and laughter.

No comments: