Thursday, March 31, 2005

The weather started getting rough. The tiny ship was tossed.

A common hazard of working with the gals I work with is the frequent humming of a easily recognizable tune or jingle that immediately get stuck in your head. Over, and over, until eventually someone (Carrie) turns on her radio. It's become almost like a game. Like Roger Rabbit with shave and a haircut... We each feel compelled to finish. Val and I make pigeon noises over the cube wall to each other. KC and I speak fake Arabic languages to each other from across the cubes. It even sounds like we are actually communicating. Occasionally the four gals in the next cube all start whistling different tunes at the same time, sounding chaotic. TT says, "Excuse me," after each car horn or Tri-met bus hydraulic noise. Carrie make very impressive fake fart noises. It was really awesome before my sound card malfunction. Now we depend solely on Val for computer sound effects. Four of us have window seats here on the second floor. Another favorite pastime is heckling the general public outside on the streets. We do not discriminate against gender, race, or age...We heckle them all. Thankfully we can only be heard by each other. Earlier today Val compared us to Statler and Waldorf, the two old men in the balcony of the Muppets show. Val also mentioned this morning that we should all take a field trip, and I had an instant flash of the seven of us in public...Scary. I told them it would be like the movie, "The Dream Team."I've mentioned before that I like my job. These are among the most important reasons I do. Even LB entertains me. Sure she is a little holier than thou, but she has a great sense of humor and for the most part is lighthearted.

Word(s) of the day: HOOLIGANS

Lexie log: We had a block stacking fest last night. We pulled out the peek-a-blocks from the bottom drawer. We got over ten tall, I think even 15. Lexie had a blast knocking them down each time. -- We finally got the new DVD/VHS player hooked up. It's awesome. Now we can watch regular TV in surround sound. AND.... Lexie can watch her movies on the big screen in hi-fi! Last night we put in her latest Baby Einstein, "Seasons". She was ecstatic! She danced and sang and generally cavorted about. The music was awesome, the pictures larger than life. Soooo worth it! Thanks Grammy and Grampa! Better than we even expected. Now, there are other movies and programs for Lexie that we can rent that weren't available on DVD. And...When we get the Lexie videos to VHS, we can watch them on the big screen.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, the oddity of my co-workers, summer, longer days, March of Dimes, tupperware, fun, my husbands cooking, flavored coffee, and texture.

No comments: