Monday, March 14, 2005

One Fish Two Fish, Dead Fish New Fish

Another full weekend with the babe and hubby. Work is still just that, work. Had a small cube meeting to "clear the air" this morning. Too much tension in the air. I like both, but sometimes there seems to be too much friction between the two and I feel uncomfortable being in the middle. I'm glad this seems to have all worked out. It's nice to have the camaraderie and jovial laughter, but is it worth the sick tension when you have to sit so close to people you don't always get along with? It's not like we all took any vows like till death do us part when we were hired, but we all spend so damn much time together that it is much better to get along. I am truly blessed to have the co-workers I do have though. When I think back to all the people I worked with in the past, I wouldn't trade this bunch in. Hey, they put up with me, don't they!

Right now I'm on the phone with Frank and a wave of contentedness came over me. I love that feeling, wish I could bottle it.

Word(s) of the day: OODLES

Lexie log: We had another great weekend. Saturday I got up at 8:22 and started cleaning the house. Spring cleaning in Winter. I believe that it would be wonderful if we had guests about once every two months. That would really keep us on the ball as far as being tidy. Frank did all the floors, vacuum and mop, and I did glass, windows, mirrors, dusting, dishes, etc. The house is so pleasant after a good cleanup. Saturday we went to the exotic bird show at Washington County fairgrounds. We tried to stop by Stanford for a bite to eat before we went, but Lexie wouldn't sit still and wasn't going to let us eat without throwing a fit. Of course then I had a tantrum too since we were so hungry which makes me extra irritable. The bird show was really neat. Lexie was fascinated by all the birds and actually got to pet a large parrot. I fell in love with a white cockatiel, it's too bad we can't have a bird now. Someday maybe. After the birds, Lexie ran around in the grass with some other older kids who were waiting outside with a puppy. She had a blast. They were Katie and Isaac that ran around with her, and the other kids sat with the puppy. Lexie had such a marvelous time, she didn't stop laughing and running, it was just a joy to watch. Then she napped in the car while I went into Petco. The last of the Dalmation Mollies that my manager gave us died last week. I'm positive it was due to lack of oxygenation of the water, since there is no aerator and plants never lasted long. Lexie loved having the fish though, so I thought we'd get ourselves a fish that is somewhat easier to care for.
We got a beautiful red betta, his name is Charlie. We got new, white gravel, clean two gallon tank, with water treated for Bettas, and special Betta food. Frank is still having a difficult time believing that he isn't hungry all the time, but he is sticking to the instructed diet from the back of the food. -- Then Lexie and I drove out to Sherwood to say goodbye to cousin Jason and Maggie and Keara before they headed down to live in California. Uncle Steve was in town for a couple days and we got a pre-visit for about 45 minutes. Lexie led Steve around the lawn and out to the forest. I was just tickled pink to see the two of them in the trees. I wish my pictures had come out better, they were either too dark with the flash going off while they were too far away, or too blurry with no flash. Maybe Grammy can get the dark ones lightened up a bit. Lexie took to her great Uncle Steve right away. -- Sunday we got up and cleaned more house, then went to do errands and apply the window tint to Lexie's car window. Talk about a pain in the butt. And of course I wanted to wait to eat until we were done, so again with the irritable hunger. It looks so-so with a few crinkles at the front of the window, but oh well, it works. -- Then Steve, Chris, and Grammy came over for a few hours and we had a great visit. Lexie showed off her Sit-n-spin skills, and we spent time on the deck snacking, chatting, and blowing bubbles. Steve illustrated his amazing ability to manipulate objects using only his mind. Then we all headed over the P.F. Changs for dinner. We were 45 minutes early for our reservations, so we walked up to the fountain at the Street of Tanasbourne mall and sat on the edge as Grammy and Lexie played in the water. Wonderful dinner, and Lexie behaved very well. She spent most of the time drawing circles on the magnetic sketch toy the waitress loaned her to keep her busy. She really liked it, which is great because most of the toys we bring to distract her don't keep her attention long enough. She was an angel, and the restaurant was actually pretty loud anyway. She just loved the horse statues out front (picture below). We did determine that she does not want to eat at restaurants though. She had chicken and noodles, which had we placed them in front of her at home, she would have eaten. However, she refused anything but milk while there. We didn't get home until 8:30pm, hours after her normal dinner time, and Lexie had fallen asleep in the car. I stayed up as long as I could and helped Frank heat up a kids dinner for her, but finally I had to turn in. I'm sure Lexie woke up shortly after I fell asleep and I'm sure she was hungry. At some point I stumbled into the kitchen for something to drink and vaguely remember seeing her in her high chair in the living room, eating dinner while bleary eyed Daddy chaperoned. When I asked this morning he said they went to bed sometime after two. Yikes.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, family, Charlie, kind people like Carrie for giving me chili for lunch, weekends, clean house, and coffee.

No comments: