Friday, March 18, 2005

Jesus is just all right with me, Jesus is just all right, Oh yeah, Jesus is just all right with me, Jesus is just all right.

That song by the Byrds came out 34 years ago, the same year I was born, 1970. I was going to copy/past the entire lyrics for the title, but that's all that would fit.

Hardly anyone here today. Pretty much just LB, Carrie, Val and myself over here. There having some St. Patrick's Day Potatoe potluck today. Hate potlucks! Brought my own lunch. I always forget anyway. Jimminies am I sour today! Actually, I've been pissy off and on all week. Frank would refer to it as Pooky Monster Syndrome.

Word(s) of the day: GIMMICKRY

Rubber band ball update: it is now the size of a baseball and it bounces nicely.

Lexie log: I forgot on yesterday's blog log to add the word chocolate (pronounced chalk-it) to the list of repetitive requests. She means to ask for chocolate milk, something she has around once a week, usually on the weekend. She gets so excited about it, she does the "chalk-it muk" dance. The beverage held high above her head as she races up and down the halls singing, "chalk-it! chalk-it!" -- Apparently she has been on the sit-n-spin for over an hour today. She had already been on for about a half hour at lunch when I called to talk to Daddy, and after we got off the phone he called me three times and left a message consisting of the irritating music that things puts out. He is, thankfully, very good-humored about it all and says, "As long as she's having fun/enjoying herself." -- I'm looking forward to watching the Incredibles with her tomorrow.

Today I am grateful for Frank and Lexie, caribou, Charlie and the cats, pillows and blankets, hangars, airplanes, precipitation, and quirky stream of consciousness thoughts that put a smile on my face when I'm feeling blue.

No comments: