Friday, March 11, 2005

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at five. She can tell you ’bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye.

It's Friday and it's lovely. I've been working on projects and A/R all day, no payment posting. But I do have a good start on my projects. Found out yesterday that the research I did for the Aetna
settlement brought in over $2000.

Word(s) of the day: PING

I am really tired of stress and worry. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but it is hard when you are surrounded by people who are always raising the question, "What if?". And the news media doesn't help. Let's spend an hour dragging our attention to every little detail of the negative crap that surrounds us and maybe, just maybe, point out the occasional good news. It seems that I almost have to have a gratitude journal just to cancel out the negative worries. Here is a list that I came up with of all the things I could choose to be afraid of today, if I felt like it:
Bird flu, mad cow, world war, earthquakes, aids, tsunamis, car crash, west Nile, heart attack, drowning, bear attacks, hypothermia, banana peels, guns, second hand smoke, wild coyotes, anaphylactic shock, cancer, tornados, terrorists, hepatitis, plane crash, volcanoes, falling off a cliff, starvation, nuclear holocaust, meteors, ozone depletion, septicemia, Alzheimer’s, liver disease, stress, obesity, emphysema, sinking ship, pollution, homicide, infant mortality, measles, pneumonia, kidney disease, shark attack, poisonous snake bite, high blood pressure, lightning, sleep apnea, train wreck, diabetes, leprosy, meningitis, chemical or germ warfare, falling down stairs, house fire, drive-by shootings, flood, global warming, and death by worry.

Lexie log: I came up with an idea to help Lexie along with pottie training. One of her obstacles, is that she is not very good at taking off her own clothes. She loves to bath so much, that I have decided to use a bath as incentive. When she wants to play in the tub, she has to do her best to take off her own clothes. It worked really well last night. She has trouble with the back of her pants and pull-ups, but she catch on soon enough. I bet this backfires on me this summer. I can just see her taking off her clothes all the time and trying to run around bare butt. -- We have also been having an issue with diapers not being absorbent enough the last two nights. In my opinion, the diaper is probably fine, it's more likely an issue of changing her earlier in the morning. Waiting until it is too late isn't working well. Last night, Lexie brought the last little milk in her bottle to bed with her, I think the cap wasn't on good enough, and it leaked all over the top of our bed. I woke up freaked that it was pee, at about 2:00am, far too early. It was just milk. Dad woke up too and was going to toss the empty bottle over to the covered hope chest. It was pitch dark in the room and I had just sat up to get out of bed. I got pinged in the back of the head with a plastic bottle. Hehe.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, pianos, swimming pools, Spring weather, socks, tea, flowers, and calendars.

No comments: