Monday, March 21, 2005

Little boy blue and the man in the moon

Doing icky refunds this morning. I don't know why I put them off. I don't like pulling the EOB's for one thing. The refund I did this morning took me a little over two hours to do. Last week, on Monday, I thought I was doing a great organizational thing by putting one 'yucky' task a day from Wednesday through Friday. My theory was that it would be easier to do later in the week. Wow! What a great procrastination tool I invented for myself semi-consciously! Did I do any of the projects? No. By the time Wednesday rolled around, I was half way through my week and couldn't be bothered with the hassle. So, I just plow into it this Morning with the thought that I'm not pulling any batches until I get these things out of my inbox. It's working quite nicely.

We had a great weekend. Watched the Incredibles, Sky Captain, Bruce Almighty, and Without a paddle. We watched Sky Captain Sunday morning and it turned the day in a movie day. It was a great movie. It made us want to rent more, so we went to Blockbuster and got the others. Bruce Almighty is one of my all time favorite movies. A must own, for me. Frank and I laughed so hard we were in tears, and then turned around and the movie was so touching it made us cry. Yes, we laughed, we cried. Just an all out excellent movie! Bruce Almighty was definitely a hard act to follow, but Without a Paddle was still also funny. It took me over half the movie to figure out why one of the three main characters looked so familiar. The main character from the TV show Scrubs. Wow, he looked incredibly different. The only way I finally recognized him was from his mouth. Great to see Burt Reynolds with a cameo.

Word(s) of the day: CRUX OF ABSOLUTE IMPORTANCE

Carries word of the day: SERENDIPITY

Lexie log: Saturday after an egg sandwich breakfast, we drove out to Jantzen Beach to ride the carousel. She rode the airplane, and Clifford after we got her an outfit. The problem was, that she had been up since 10:00 without a nap and we hadn't had lunch yet. She was thrilled to ride the carousel, she went twice, but getting her off was another story. I took her into the restroom for a change of diaper and it was, shall we say impeccable timing. The diaper was not wet as Daddy had thought, but it was about to be. Poor little darling, she was so tired she didn't know what to do. But...she did get to use the potty for the first time. It didn't go over very well with her however. Thank goodness for a change of clothing, too bad it was only shorts, but Jantzen Beach is an indoor mall. She wriggled kicking and screaming so intense, that her stroller couldn't contain her. It was all I could do to hold her on the way out. Then we got in the car and she was fine. Next we stopped by Gramma Betty's for a while. She had chocolate mile, which re-fueled her energy level for a while, and played with Gramma and Yancey. She fell asleep in the car moments before we got home and the two of us took a nap for two hours. Then an evening of dinner, bubbles, bath, and TV. Sunday we stayed around the house horse-played on the couch and watched movies, followed by more bubbles and another bath. Excellent weekend. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Last night, Frank and I were on the computer in the office at the back of the house, and Lexie went off into the living room. A while later I kept hearing this short, squeaking sound. I jokingly told Frank it sounded like she was playing basketball in there. Then we stopped what we were doing and listen for a while to see if we could figure out what she was doing. We kept hearing the occasional squeak and the and then every once in a while a muffled thud. Then when I thought to myself that it sounded like basketball players shoes squeaking on the court, I realized what was happening. Our floors are all linoleum. She had gotten Daddy's big, heavy tennis shoes from next to the couch, in the living room, at the opposite end of the house. She slipped her feet into the shoes and was making her way down the hall to us. Once I told Frank what I thought was going on, we both waited with great anticipation for her to come around the corner. It was hysterical! Frank ran and got the digital camera, we shot a little of it, but it didn't do it justice. She was wearing a yellow summer dress and huge men's grey and black tenny runners. Funny!

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, movie days, potatoes, Frank's cooking, sign language, indoor plumbing, rain and wind, our house and yard, Mom and Dad, and life.

No comments: