Thursday, April 14, 2005

Daylight come and me wanna go home.

Little know fact: Harry Belafonte's 'Calypso' album includes a "Star-O" song as well as the infamous "Day-O" song. Found that out today.

Last December we bought a 2005 Honda Accord from Beaverton Honda. A few weeks later they sent us a coupon for a free oil change, which I promptly lost. So, I called there service department today, and Jenny, the service rep, was very kind and let us schedule one for this Saturday for free. Of course, she did have to verify that we purchased the car there, but I'm still psyched about it. I'm still not comfortable with the 10,000 miles between oil changes, so it's only at 5,600 and she's a going in. The service lady laughed when I told her this, so maybe they will be able to ease or worries when we go in.

Word(s) of the day: NINAKUPENDA BABA (NA MAMA)

I've had a minor epiphany today. I frequently wonder about the difference in society today than when I was growing up. I've come up with my own little, simple, three piece theory. People are growing up to be more cynical, going through life angrier and with little to no coping skills.

Lexie log: Lexie does not like Lil' Entrees pasta. I believe I already knew this, so why did I give it to her last night? Because we had one, from Gramma Betty, and for some reason, I thought, "What the heck, maybe she's changed her mind." So, she ate almost all the peas, but wouldn't touch the pasta thingies, even with a sprinkle of Parmesan. We thought maybe she just wasn't very hungry since she had eaten two chicken pieces a few hours before. Ha! Around 8:00pm she starts saying, "Candy? Candy? Candy?" Of course we have none, because Daddy gave her the last of the gummi bears while I'm at work. But that's beside the point...She shouldn't be having candy just willy nilly at any time she asks for it. So, she at an entire banana, and then a beef Bologna and cheese sandwich. She's already an excellent sandwich eater. As she was walking out of the kitchen, we saw that the cheese and meat was starting to slide out from between the bread. Frank and I were in a panic to catch her before it hit the floor, but as soon as I rounded the corner into the living room I saw that she was keen to the situation. She had flipped the sandwich around. She had a nice trail/string of partially melted Colby-Jack hanging from her mouth to the sandwich and a large bite taken out of the meat.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, perspective (when I'm fortunate enough to have it), free Web translators, dirt, mail-in prescription programs, all the known and potentially unknown elements, and joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My tebya ochen' lyubym, tozhe. (transliterated)